PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2008, 11:30 PM
Lurker

hellfire91 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
incoming text messages

ive had my vzw touch pro for about 2 days now and i just noticed something odd. Whenever someone sends me text messages that are over 160 characters it wont accept them. They get the error "this phone is not supported" or something. Has anyone else had a problem like this or know if there is a fix?

Thanks
Old 12-04-2008, 12:08 AM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool
Re: incoming text messages

Well, at this point I can say it's definitely not your phone. Has to be Verizon. It doesn't happen on the Sprint ones, and their service really can't tell what phone you have. Only thing that could reject the message is Verizon's own network. I would suspect their records show your phone's incapable of receiving these for some reason, and doesn't bother to break them up like the other networks (and I assume Verizon for other phones), and just refuses them. Give them a call and ask about this. Hopefully it's something they can fix in their records.
Old 12-04-2008, 12:21 AM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

text messages should normally be split into 2 messages by the carrier before sent. like i can write a message that is 4 text messages long, and it'll show up to them as 4 separate messages.
Old 12-04-2008, 12:25 AM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Are all the people sending you messages on verizon also or on other networks?
Old 12-04-2008, 01:46 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

hellfire91 is a n00b

the people that are sending me them are on verizon as well, the weird part is that it worked for about a day after i got my phone then stopped
Old 12-04-2008, 02:00 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

kyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I have run into this same problem. I have also searched and tested, but what I came up with is this. My girlfriend has the Verizon LG env and when she sends me a txt that is over 160 characters she gets "Message delivered to ***Phone #*** as plain text. Destination does not support enhanced messaging service.". But a friend of mine who has a ppc on sprint can send me a book. So for some reason a non "ppc" phone cant send a ppc phone more than 160 characters for some unknown reason. I have also called verizon and they said its not my phone its hers. Which i dont buy at all, its something to do with the way the network or phone handle's EMS(Enhanced Message Service) text messages. Or maybe im wrong? which very well could be possible lol!

Last edited by kyle4269; 12-04-2008 at 02:21 AM.
Old 12-04-2008, 02:03 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

tentostoys is a n00b

I can confirm there is some trouble - I just sent myself a long text from my wife's verizon phone, and I thought it didn't arrive, but as I started writing this it came in two texts like it should - however it took over two hours to get to me.
Old 12-04-2008, 04:23 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

tentostoys is a n00b

Update - My wife did eventually get a message that said something like: destination does not support enhanced messaging. Even though I did eventually get the messages - strange.
Old 12-04-2008, 05:28 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

hellfire91 is a n00b

well unfortunately this problem for me seems to be getting worse, today i have just not received 4 texts (all of which were UNDER 160 characters) and they all said delivered on my friends phone...
Old 12-14-2008, 12:43 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

hellfire91 is a n00b

ok so i have a question, all my problems have resolved themselves except for not receiving txts over 160 characters for hours after they have been sent if ever. Does this sound like it would be a network or hardware problem?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro