PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   S2UL and Power button (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=47649)

mobidutch 12-03-2008 11:24 PM

S2UL and Power button

I'm trying to figure out what the value add is of S2UL. Right now, the only time I get the S2UL screen is after the phone goes into sleep mode and I have to press the power button to wake it back up.

Well..I am not worried about accidentally pressing the power button, so in that case I have no use for S2UL.

But instead of having to press the power button, is there a way to wake up the phone by simply pressing:
- one of the hard buttons, like the center/OK button
- or by simply tapping the screen

And then use S2UL to actually unlock the phone?

[sammich] 12-03-2008 11:28 PM

Re: S2UL and Power button

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobidutch (Post 558401)
I'm trying to figure out what the value add is of S2UL. Right now, the only time I get the S2UL screen is after the phone goes into sleep mode and I have to press the power button to wake it back up.

Well..I am not worried about accidentally pressing the power button, so in that case I have no use for S2UL.

But instead of having to press the power button, is there a way to wake up the phone by simply pressing:
- one of the hard buttons, like the center/OK button
- or by simply tapping the screen

And then use S2UL to actually unlock the phone?

Start>Settings>System>Key Locks>Don't lock buttons when screen is off.

creedin 12-03-2008 11:35 PM

or pull out stylus

mobidutch 12-04-2008 12:21 AM

Ehm...DUH....I should have figured that out. I'll go be ashamed now....

Thanks!

[sammich] 12-04-2008 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobidutch (Post 558493)
Ehm...DUH....I should have figured that out. I'll go be ashamed now....

Thanks!

Don't be ashamed! This site is about learning!

ramiss 12-04-2008 12:32 AM

I use S2UL along with the "lock buttons when screen is off" setting to prevent excessive power drain or doing unwanted things when the device wakes up on its own.

For example if you receive a txt message or the phone rings then the screen activates and you can accidentally do all kinds of things, including running down your battery. S2U2 not only protects the screen and buttons but also has a setting to time out the device much sooner.

Richard

mobidutch 12-04-2008 12:37 AM

If you don't lock the buttons, is there no way to have S2UL show up when the phone wakes up from receiving an SMS? That way you'd still have to slide it to unlock.

ramiss 12-04-2008 12:51 AM

You can set S2UL to show up whenever the device wakes no matter what the reason.