PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2008, 02:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Family Shared 1500 Min.

chedda_chez is keeping up the good workchedda_chez is keeping up the good workchedda_chez is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
ActiveSync : Two phones/Same CPUs

will that work? havent tried it cause im scared one will lost whats saved already.

anybody have two phones using activesync on the same cpu?

if so, HOW?

-CHEZ
Old 11-10-2008, 02:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Super Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

lmv7777 is keeping up the good worklmv7777 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to lmv7777
Re: ActiveSync : Two phones/Same CPUs

you can setup profiles in activesync for more than one phone. but only 2 or 3 at a time i think. i would backup with PIMbackup just in case.

Diamond > Touch > Treo 700p > TOUCH PRO

If i helped. click "thanks"
Thanks!
Old 12-03-2008, 03:14 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

When I try to put both my Pros on my laptop it wont recognize anything until i take 1 off it it
Old 12-03-2008, 03:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul and Touch Pro

mdodge is keeping up the good workmdodge is keeping up the good workmdodge is keeping up the good work

You can sync almost as many phones as you want, you just have to make sure the sync names are unique for each phone. And you technically can have them connected at the same time, but they have to be using difference connection methods. For example, I have my touch pro to sync usb, and my mogul to sync with bluetooth.

This can be difficult to get working sometimes. I often tell people the easiest way to do it is just create a second logon profile on your pc for each phone. So if you need to sync phone 1, login with profile 1, phone 2, login in with profile 2...etc.
Old 12-03-2008, 04:43 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO + Palm PRE + Diamond

gearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuff

I have 4 phones all set up to activesync on my Vista desktop and my XP Laptop. Just make sure each device has a different name. The only downside to doing it this way is, you have the exact same contacts and appointments on all phones. You can't say - sync your phone with only your contacts and your wife's phone with only her contacts. For that you would have to do like mdodge said and have 2 logins on your pc, and 2 separate Outlook profiles.

[
Old 12-03-2008, 04:55 PM
Timeless

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

I thought when you set up the sync profile it asked you which Outlook profile to attach to if you have more than one. I could have sworn it did that for me.

Anyway, yes, you can definitely have more than one phone tied to one computer. I know I had both my Mogul and my Axim X5 tied to the same computer in the beginning.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-03-2008, 05:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO + Palm PRE + Diamond

gearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFool View Post
I thought when you set up the sync profile it asked you which Outlook profile to attach to if you have more than one. I could have sworn it did that for me.

Anyway, yes, you can definitely have more than one phone tied to one computer. I know I had both my Mogul and my Axim X5 tied to the same computer in the beginning.
I've never been able to successfully get 2 true profiles in outlook. They always merge or overlap somehow. I'll have to play with it some more...
Old 12-03-2008, 05:43 PM
caddieguy02

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

u guys are doing this this hardway...i have both my mogul and my touch pro synced to my same desktop and i have no issues...there is an option ON UR PHONE to name ur device...its under setiings/device information...device id...default is like wm_pocketpc....change these on ur device to whatever u want...aslong as both of these on eash phone is different, when u connect each phone to the PC it will know which one is connected by the name u set for that device...hope this helps

Last edited by caddieguy02; 12-03-2008 at 05:45 PM.
Old 12-03-2008, 08:50 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Thumbs up Re: ActiveSync : Two phones/Same CPUs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdodge View Post
You can sync almost as many phones as you want, you just have to make sure the sync names are unique for each phone. And you technically can have them connected at the same time, but they have to be using difference connection methods. For example, I have my touch pro to sync usb, and my mogul to sync with bluetooth.

This can be difficult to get working sometimes. I often tell people the easiest way to do it is just create a second logon profile on your pc for each phone. So if you need to sync phone 1, login with profile 1, phone 2, login in with profile 2...etc.
cool didnt know that but I will def have to use it.

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 12-03-2008, 09:11 PM
Timeless

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddieguy02 View Post
u guys are doing this this hardway...i have both my mogul and my touch pro synced to my same desktop and i have no issues...there is an option ON UR PHONE to name ur device...its under setiings/device information...device id...default is like wm_pocketpc....change these on ur device to whatever u want...aslong as both of these on eash phone is different, when u connect each phone to the PC it will know which one is connected by the name u set for that device...hope this helps
I'm pretty sure people know that. Even so, when you plug it in, even if the name is the same it'll recognize it's a different phone and prompt you to rename it right from the computer.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro