PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2008, 08:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTV Evo
Carrier: Sprint

Simpdapimp is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Simpdapimp
water damage

ok im the dumb@ss who dropped his month oldtouch pro in the sink full of water. i was able to grab it out before it was really too wet, in fact the little water indicators didnt even get wet. i let it dry out for a while then i turned it baack on, everything works but now my screen has water damage around the edges, will this ever dry out or should i try my luck in returning it and hopin for a replacement even since the water sensors are unharmed?
Old 12-03-2008, 09:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

AFAngryWarrior is keeping up the good workAFAngryWarrior is keeping up the good work
Re: water damage

Well one thing we tell our customers to do if they suspect water damage is to place the phone with the battery off into a bag of white uncooked rice. The rice absorbs the excess water wait about 24 full hours and put it back together. If it still looks or acts odd then try your luck by returning it. Otherwise hope you have insurance.
Old 12-03-2008, 09:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

dr g is keeping up the good workdr g is keeping up the good workdr g is keeping up the good work

Let it dry out for a couple days ...
Old 12-03-2008, 09:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: sprint

mickeyleah is just getting started

I have a simular issue...to my knowledge my phone has not been droped in water, in fact i dont think it has ever had any contact with water but the water damage indicators have changed colors. My dad's tp indicators has also changed...I'm wondering if they came that way. I know sprint won't care if they came like this if I tried to replace them...anyone else having this issue?
Old 12-03-2008, 10:31 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Well, it's better to get a new phone now. If any water did get in, it may seem fine, but in a few months the corrosion will get worse and you're phone could just stop working.

If you don't want to say you lost it [DO NOT SAY STOLEN because you have to file a police report], you could take your chance and say the screen has been acting weird [ever since it's been cold outside].

If you don't mind saying it was lost, just remember you can't make another claim within 6 months, and you have to pay $50
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-04-2008, 10:39 AM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post
Well, it's better to get a new phone now. If any water did get in, it may seem fine, but in a few months the corrosion will get worse and you're phone could just stop working.

If you don't want to say you lost it [DO NOT SAY STOLEN because you have to file a police report], you could take your chance and say the screen has been acting weird [ever since it's been cold outside].

If you don't mind saying it was lost, just remember you can't make another claim within 6 months, and you have to pay $50

didnt realize about the police report. I'll keep that in mind if I ever need to use this excuse. Thanks
Old 12-04-2008, 11:00 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC PRO

GunnDogg is a n00b

Two weeks ago I had to replace an Instinct that was droped in the water and it was two weeks old. I went to sprint and the manger said "sorry charley" and sent me on my way to pay the $50 bucks. However since he's the one that sold me the phone my main argument was that I never really got a chance to feel it out so I hate to be stuck with that because of a mishap. He laughed a little and told me to bring it back once the replacement arrived and if I still want to trade he would allow it. So, after waiting for 4 days the new (replacement/refurb) came in and I put it all back in the box and went to sprint and told them that I wasn't happy with it. After a few phone calls the guy (not the manger) came out with a smile on his face and said they will do it...some kind of work around....

I guess the moral to my story is, you can get what you want, it all depends on the situation and how you deliver the story. Never get upset, although he could see the frustration and sadness in my face for dropping the phone....well, that's was a put on....man....I should have been an actor....LOL.

Anyway, the instinct was changed out for the pro...and no, they had no idea that's what I wanted before the approval was granted. I took it one step at a time.
Old 12-04-2008, 11:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo

jimd144 is keeping up the good workjimd144 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post
if you have insurance, tell them someone stole your phone or you lost it...

Yes, lying seems to be the mantra of this forum. Lie, steal, cheat...

False claims cheat the rest of us, who pay for your lies.

Gunn...you dare to fly the "Semper Fi" with such vile comments?
Old 12-04-2008, 11:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Bad HAL 9000 is becoming a great contributor

Don't lie, sprint is already hurting badly financialy. Why screw them because you were being careless? I personnaly would like to see this carrier remain afloat because I like my cheap data plans. If you damage your phone and you are outside of the insurance coverage in the way it was damaged, then deal with it and buy a new phone yourself or whatever. Don't stick the bill to sprint just because you can lie. This sort of thing really is a pet peeve of mine so sorry for the rant.
Old 12-04-2008, 11:15 AM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimd144 View Post
Yes, lying seems to be the mantra of this forum. Lie, steal, cheat...

False claims cheat the rest of us, who pay for your lies.

Gunn...you dare to fly the "Semper Fi" with such vile comments?
I've never heard such a naive statement in all my life. First, the false claims don't "cheat" anyone. If there's water damage, they will screw you out of your phone, but if you happen to leave it on a park bench, they'll send you out a new one? Both cases involve stupidity, and both cases involve no usable phone being sent back. The ONLY reason I ever got the idea to say it's lost after water damage is because (get this) A SPRINT SALES PERSON TOLD ME TO DO SO. When I was looking for a phone, an online chat thing popped up at Sprint, and I asked about water damage. She just told me to report it lost!

As far as your delusion about Marines being honorable at all times, what exactly are you smoking? All my Marine buddies are the most vial hogs I've ever met, and will say anything to get what they want, not to mention they all have Semper Fi stickers on their cars. Sorry, just an observation. I feel Gunn's actions weren't bad at all in comparison.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro