PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2008, 12:02 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: water damage

Hmmm... 300 dollars vs 300,000 dollars. I'd say these situations are slightly different.

And don't use that "jump off a cliff" line with me. What are you like 70?

I honestly see no difference in losing a phone (having no phone) and ruining a phone with water damage (having no phone.) In either case, it's a stupid mistake and Sprint doesn't get a phone from you to send off to htc to be refurbished. If anything, getting up and walking away without your phone is dumber than having it accidentally slip into a sink.
Old 12-04-2008, 12:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Sifter is keeping up the good workSifter is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post
If a Sprint sales person tells me to report my phone as lost when there is water damage, I will do just that.
And if someone tells you to jump off of a cliff, Id guess you would do that blindly too huh? Just following orders eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post
You two have no idea what you're talking about right now, and all you're doing is saying a bunch of mindless cliche bs to make yourselves feel great. You are sheep.
Au contraire, I am very familiar with the subject at hand.

Last edited by Sifter; 12-04-2008 at 12:07 PM.
Old 12-04-2008, 12:09 PM
i like turtles

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

LOL You both used the jump off a cliff line, and you're telling ME I have no character? Sheep.

Maybe you should read the thread before posting: I haven't had water damage to my phone. I haven't had to replace my phone. And if I get what I pay for, then yes, I am paying for insurance which covers a replacement. If it gets wet, then isn't that funny, I just lost it as well.

Lets just be clear: I've never done this. When I was with tmobile, I payed 100 bucks for a new phone instead of 50 for a refurb because my phone fell in a pool. With Sprint, it's a different story. I hate sprint, they've screwed me and if I ever have an opportunity to screw them back I'll take it without a second thought.

Get off your high horse and stop making such a big deal about this. People are paying for insurance, they should be able to get a refurb at the very least.

It's people like you who denied katrina victims the money they deserved. "It could have been flood damage from the levies, or it could have been flood damage from the hurricane. It's probably from the levies, DENIED"
Old 12-04-2008, 12:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6900

Mikeschevelle is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimd144 View Post
If Sprint tells you to jump off a cliff, will you?

Many people were told by their loan officers to lie to get a mortgage. Look where the US is now. All because of a bunch of liars with no character, honor, or morals.

You know what is right and wrong. Nobody can give you permission to lie...especially not a minimum wage worker at Sprint.
That really is the dumbest thing i have heard on these forums. I love when people resort to the "Jump off a bridge" comment when they cant actually find something relatable to say. Priceless. If you pay for insurance then you are recommended by sprint to take advantage of it. ITS CALLED CUSTOMER SERVICE.
My advice is to try the rice trick and give it a good look over.

Heck i lost my phone a couple of years ago (before i worked for sprint) and found it in the snow where it had been ran over by a car. I went into the store and told them exactly what happened and they still gave me a new phone.
Old 12-04-2008, 12:14 PM
Noob
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Baffles

I'm wondering why it would even cross your mind to lie and say you lost it. If you tell them water damage, the deductible is the same $50, so why even bother lying?

baf.cc | GPS Toggler | Touch Pro Essentials | Got MSL?
Donations are accepted and greatly appreciated.
Old 12-04-2008, 12:18 PM
i like turtles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffles View Post
I'm wondering why it would even cross your mind to lie and say you lost it. If you tell them water damage, the deductible is the same $50, so why even bother lying?

Really? I thought water damage wasn't covered? If that's the case then this whole argument has been for nothing.
Old 12-04-2008, 12:22 PM
Let me count thy wounds
Pocket PC: Photon 4G

blasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Yahoo to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Skype™ to blasphemous_prime

Imma shut this thread down because of the fact that there are some replies that pertain to insurance fraud. Next time, keep the foul play to yourselves and way outside the forums.
If you are literally serving shit to American children, or knowingly spinning a wheel where it is not unlikely that you will eventually serve shit – if that’s your business model? Then I got no problems with a jury of your peers wiring your nuts to a car battery and feeding you the accumulated sweepings from the bottom of a monkey cage. In fact, I’ll hold the spoon.” -Ralph Dunlop-
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro