PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Does your Touch Pro suffer from Graphic Performance issues?
Yes- It's an issue that needs to be fixed 113 57.07%
Yes- But it's not that big of an issue 29 14.65%
No- It's not an issue for me 56 28.28%
Voters: 198. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2008, 05:38 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07
Graphics Performance issues?

An interesting article says that the HTC Touch Pro and the Diamond both suffer from poor graphics performance..

Quote:
Unfortunately the latest HTC devices devices with Qualcomm MSM7201A chipsets suffer from poor graphics performance.
More exactly, game experience and video performance are affected.
Also, this over at XDA has some good information..

Do you suffer from video playback issues? Does your gaming experience not equate in Nirvana?

If you want great insight into Qualcomm processors, HTC, chipsets, and features, check this out.. Very interesting read!

Last edited by BigDiesel07; 12-03-2008 at 05:42 PM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 12-03-2008, 05:58 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre

aceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Graphics Performance issues?

Oh brother...is this going to turn into another HTC lawsuit that won't go any where but will have a huge cult following with gobs of people swearing to never buy another HTC phone again until the next HTC phone comes around??

If I want video, I buy a video player. If I want games, I buy a PSP. What I have is a phone...a phone lol. It does movies ok and does some games ok. I am rather happy.

Last edited by aceracer24; 12-03-2008 at 06:05 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-03-2008, 06:10 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Threadstarter

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level

I am not interested in starting a lawsuit.. I was reading the article linked to above and was intrigued enough to ask people if they thought they had the same issues..
Old 12-03-2008, 06:16 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

So have we been able to establish if this is REALLY hardware or software? Because I thought the patent issues between Qualcomm and Broadcom were settled.
Old 12-03-2008, 06:17 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

ive been watching family guy and stand by me on core player and it is niceee

Old 12-03-2008, 06:19 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post
So have we been able to establish if this is REALLY hardware or software? Because I thought the patent issues between Qualcomm and Broadcom were settled.
From all that I read, it is still up in the air as to whether it is software or hardware related.. I think software.. A driver update would probably fix it.. It usually solves issues for graphic cards on computers... I don't believe this is an issue between Qualcomm and Broadcomm... But you are right.. The patent issues have been settled..
Old 12-03-2008, 06:22 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDiesel07 View Post
From all that I read, it is still up in the air as to whether it is software or hardware related.. I think software.. A driver update would probably fix it.. It usually solves issues for graphic cards on computers... I don't believe this is an issue between Qualcomm and Broadcomm... But you are right.. The patent issues have been settled..
Eh... Economically HTC is trying to save money which is natural for all businesses. Their thought process is probably something similar to this:
'So should we pay Tom & Co. the $260k they want to finish the graphics drivers?'

'Nah, no one will notice. People are not going to be playing games or watching movies enough to be bothered by it'
Old 12-03-2008, 06:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

mxl180 is keeping up the good workmxl180 is keeping up the good workmxl180 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibby50 View Post
ive been watching family guy and stand by me on core player and it is niceee
when I first installed TCPMP.. video lagged a bit. Coreplayer was able to play with without the lag. I'm assume it's the updated codecs.
Old 12-03-2008, 06:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre

aceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDiesel07 View Post
I am not interested in starting a lawsuit.. I was reading the article linked to above and was intrigued enough to ask people if they thought they had the same issues..
Sorry, didn't mean to sound like I was hammering you. We just went through all of this with the Touch and similar devices. It's like Deja Vu all over.
Old 12-03-2008, 06:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

dr g is keeping up the good workdr g is keeping up the good workdr g is keeping up the good work

Video performance is dismal on this device, and compares horribly to devices over 4 years old now. While it won't have me returning my TP, it absolutely kills me to have hardware potential deliberately untapped for economic reasons. Heck if they CHARGED for the drivers as an add on, I'd consider paying.

I certainly will be looking at this issue with a more discerning eye in the future when it comes time to replace this handset.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro