PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Does your Touch Pro suffer from Graphic Performance issues?
Yes- It's an issue that needs to be fixed 113 57.07%
Yes- But it's not that big of an issue 29 14.65%
No- It's not an issue for me 56 28.28%
Voters: 198. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2008, 07:33 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

aceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Graphics Performance issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr g View Post
There have been WM devices YEARS ago that blew the TP away in graphics performance, so the cake can be had and eaten too ... The current level of graphics performance represents a regression.
I don't disagree with this. However, speaking for myself, I already knew what I was buying when I bought the TP. As did most of you I am sure. To complain about this makes no sense when you paid HTC for the phone already knowing that the performance wasn't on par. You have 30 days with Sprint to test the phone and return it if you don't like it.
Old 12-03-2008, 07:35 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Threadstarter

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceracer24 View Post
I don't disagree with this. However, speaking for myself, I already knew what I was buying when I bought the TP. As did most of you I am sure. To complain about this makes no sense when you paid HTC for the phone already knowing that the performance wasn't on par. You have 30 days with Sprint to test the phone and return it if you don't like it.
I personally am not complaining, nor is this poll/thread meant for that.
Old 12-03-2008, 07:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre

aceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDiesel07 View Post
I personally am not complaining, nor is this poll/thread meant for that.
I know and I am not directing it at anyone specific.
Old 12-03-2008, 07:42 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Threadstarter

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

Quote:
I know and I am not directing it at anyone specific.
Well... In that case...

As I can tell from the Poll results, people generally believe there is an issue with the Graphics Performance...

Thank you all who voted..
Old 12-03-2008, 08:00 PM
Almost a VIP

SprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuff

and were back to where we were last year....

The real answer is its all talk, nothing will be done again, and people will continue to spend their money on HTC phones. The only way anything would ever be "solved" is speaking with their wallets and most are too ignorant to know the difference. realize for every letter or complaint from the geek community theres another 10 unknowing people buying these devices and dont care or know the difference, hence we who notice are the huge minority and dont have the sheer numbers to get anything done. No amount of letters, threats, petitions, or otherwise will change this as we have already seen first hand.
Old 12-03-2008, 08:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

dr g is keeping up the good workdr g is keeping up the good workdr g is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Actually it DOES make sense to complain to HTC when you have bought the phone. That's one of our rights and responsibilities as consumers/customers.
Old 12-03-2008, 08:47 PM
Almost a VIP

SprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuff

Again, go ahead but once again it wont get you anywhere just like the previous set of HTC devices. you can hope and wish all you want but they simply dont care they have your money and theyre making hundreds of millions of dollars.
Old 12-03-2008, 08:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell Mobility

r3ferrei is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprintTouch08 View Post
Again, go ahead but once again it wont get you anywhere just like the previous set of HTC devices. you can hope and wish all you want but they simply dont care they have your money and theyre making hundreds of millions of dollars.
Thats a very pecimistic attitude. It cant hurt to raise hell over this.

The worst that can happen is nothing. Thats the same as doing nothing at all. So then why not?
Old 12-03-2008, 09:14 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprintTouch08 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by r3ferrei View Post
Thats a very pecimistic attitude. It cant hurt to raise hell over this.

The worst that can happen is nothing. Thats the same as doing nothing at all. So then why not?
Eh, it may be pessimistic, but it's the truth. Deep down you know that nothing is going to happen. And it won't

All we can do is to raise hell so MAYBE future devices will have better capabilities.
Old 12-03-2008, 09:21 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

I've sort of come to accept the 3d acceleration performance (or lack thereof) and I've found that I really like this phone's connectivity. Today at lunch I watched an episode of curb your enthusiasm with orb, and just a few minutes ago my mom sat down and went through the photos on my pc using my phone over wifi.

The other option for me was to spend 200 bucks getting out of sprint, spend another 200 on an iphone, not to mention activation and the extra 20 bucks per month on the bill.

I just feel like if something happened with this, it would really push HTC to the top. People would say, "OH IS THAT THE TOUCH PRO? That thing plays games better than the iphone! AND it does a ton of other stuff. Gimmie gimmie gimmie. "

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro