PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2008, 03:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: VZW

SharpenedSpoon is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hard Reset on Touch Pro from VZW?

First, let me get this out of the way: I am well aware that the hard reset is supposedly reseting with the volume down and OK buttons held down. However I have tried this dozens of times, as well as variations I've found online; holding it upside and doing down + OK, down + OK + reset, down + OK + power, down + reset + OK + power (that was fun to do..) and finally the hard reset from the previous version with both soft keys, then reset. However, none of these bring up a screen that allows me to hard reset.

I can't get into Windows Mobile, I installed the HTC Today screen plugin and now I can't do anything, and Activesync doesn't even work so that I can go in and delete it myself. Ack, help!
Old 12-03-2008, 03:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Sprint

munnarg is keeping up the good workmunnarg is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to munnarg
Re: Hard Reset on Touch Pro from VZW?

Power the phone off, then it's the volume down button + power and then OK/Enter button. If the phone is on then you have to poke the soft reset button when the do the other steps... messed up I know.
Old 12-03-2008, 03:48 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TouchPRO
Carrier: Verizon

NexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on rep

To hard reset VZW touch pro remove the battery and press and hold the center dpad and hit power. It is a different procedure then all others.

ROM's
OEM's
CAB's

If something is password protected do not ask for the password as you will not get it. If you do not already know it you are not supposed to.

Remember to give thanks to those owed.......
no2chem - GGuruUSA - naigaman - Colonel - Tiermann - ImCoKeMan - helmi - dcd - luv2chill

Without all of whom none of this would be possible.

Donate to me!!!

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-03-2008, 03:53 PM
Lurker
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

SharpenedSpoon is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by NexVision View Post
To hard reset VZW touch pro remove the battery and press and hold the center dpad and hit power. It is a different procedure then all others.
Thank you!! This is what finally worked. I wish this were documented better.
Old 12-03-2008, 04:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TouchPRO

NexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on repNexVision is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Yeah documentation sucks on it I actually got on with HTC right when I got the device to learn all the programming shortcuts they are very helpful to agents.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-26-2008, 11:13 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

dsteinschneider is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by NexVision
When I pull the battery the unit turns off and doesn't respond to any buttons. What am I missing?

Thanks
Old 12-27-2008, 12:56 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03

start...settings...system tab...memory clear storage
Old 12-29-2008, 02:49 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Carrier: Sprint

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Since this is discussed in a few places...I'm gonna shut this one down.

late,
Coz

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro