PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2008, 01:11 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTP Touch Pro
Carrier: The Communist Lockdown

scott@mac-pc-assist.com is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Verizon TP Issues...

First, I think this is a pretty darn cool phone regardless of the locking in to Verizon's junk...

I wanted to see if anyone else out there has a problem with a little tiny deformation, a kinda bump sticking up where it says Verizon on the screen;

And, I was wondering if anyone has figured out how to get the VZW Navigator to connect to the Outlook Contacts? I was pretty frustrated yesterday in that I have to write a client's address on paper and then copy it back into the damn phone. Stupid.
Old 12-02-2008, 01:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Microxot is a n00b
Re: Verizon TP Issues...

I also noticed the same deformation, but it is so small, it doesn't bother me.

My big issue at the moment is not being able to use the interal GPS with Google Maps (like I could on the Mogul). Is anyone working on a patch?
Old 12-02-2008, 01:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

kyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

The same deformation is there on mine also..but like Microxot said its small so its not a big deal for me..

As far as the VZW Navigator goes I havent even messed with it. I used it on my other phones and wasnt too crazy about it.
Old 12-02-2008, 01:53 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

I just wanted to see if an alien would be popping out of its chest, and dancing across my desk....
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-02-2008, 02:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (xv6850)

SilvOreo is a n00b

Same small bump on my TP. Haven't ever tried or needed VZN. I use a Garmin Nuvi for that. Convergence is great, but some things are best left to discrete devices. Same logic goes for iPod - it's battery life and storage volume are so much better as a discrete device that it's worth to me to travel with multiple devices instead of trying to get all that functionality working on my phone/communications device, whose battery is so short-lived.
Old 12-02-2008, 02:16 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

What about the weather? I cannot even change the information. Even with the hacks that have been posted...really, Barcelona?

Last edited by scott@mac-pc-assist.com; 12-02-2008 at 02:41 PM.
Old 12-02-2008, 02:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt

kyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

sure u can...click the weather tab..then menu...add location
Old 12-02-2008, 02:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

thesfactor is keeping up the good workthesfactor is keeping up the good work

I have a Sprint Touch Pro and have the same little bump...its not on the screen however, it's on the bottom part where it says HTC on the black border...
Old 12-02-2008, 02:30 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott@mac-pc-assist.com View Post
First, I think this is a pretty darn cool phone regardless of the locking in to Verizon's junk...

I wanted to see if anyone else out there has a problem with a little tiny deformation, a kinda bump sticking up where it says Verizon on the screen;

And, I was wondering if anyone has figured out how to get the VZW Navigator to connect to the Outlook Contacts? I was pretty frustrated yesterday in that I have to write a client's address on paper and then copy it back into the damn phone. Stupid.
Mine has it to, my co-workers has the problem and another co-worker with sprint has the problem.

The bubble on the sprint phone is BARELY noticable while the bubbles on our VZW phone are noticable.

Donations always accepted but never expected!
Old 12-02-2008, 02:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesfactor View Post
I have a Sprint Touch Pro and have the same little bump...its not on the screen however, it's on the bottom part where it says HTC on the black border...
Yes, I think thats what he meant.

They all have them. Some are just more noticable then others.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro