PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Voice Command (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=47561)

inmnbob 12-03-2008 01:00 PM

Voice Command

I am currently using a Mogul and love the Microsoft Voice Command feature since I spend a lot of time in the car. The combination of VC and a hands free blue tooth is very important to me.

Does anyone know if the standard VC from MS works wiht the Touch Pro. I know I needed a special hack from this site to get caller ID to work on the Mogul.

In advance, thanks all.

ramborami 12-03-2008 01:09 PM

Re: Voice Command

The Touch Pro comes with MS VoiceCommand built-in (Sprint, Verizon & ATT all have the same version)
It doesnt play the Incoming Phone Call Caller-ID by default, you'll have to edit 1 item in the phone's registry (easy to do). You can Search the forum for the details.

mdphoenix 12-03-2008 01:29 PM

The only complaint (other than the global Caller-ID issue) that I have is the text-to-speech is a bit too slow by default. But Advanced Config fixes that!

wavezero 12-03-2008 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramborami (Post 557120)
The Touch Pro comes with MS VoiceCommand built-in (Sprint, Verizon & ATT all have the same version)

Ok, so real noobish question, but how do you get this feature to work? I don't see it listed under programs. Voice Command was already listed as a contact out of the box (* send) but when I call it there is a message about how this feature was discontinued in July.

chronster 12-03-2008 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavezero (Post 557202)
Ok, so real noobish question, but how do you get this feature to work? I don't see it listed under programs. Voice Command was already listed as a contact out of the box (* send) but when I call it there is a message about how this feature was discontinued in July.

just hold down your phone button until you hear a "bwonk"

Now, how to I get speech to text working? It would be nice to speak my text messages...

TurboFool 12-03-2008 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavezero (Post 557202)

The Voice Command in contacts is Sprint's old service and completely unrelated.

Go to Settings, Personal, and you should see the place where all the settings for MS Voice Command are handled. But it's already on and set up by default. Just hit the voice command button on your Bluetooth headset and you're up and running. The settings just allow you to adjust some notification settings and such, including reading text messages. Make sure you uncheck the bit about high priority messages only if you want to hear all of them.

inmnbob 12-03-2008 06:19 PM

Thanks--good to know that MS -VC is standard in the Sprint Version..seems like it should have been a standard feature before.

bob

wavezero 12-03-2008 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chronster (Post 557217)
just hold down your phone button until you hear a "bwonk"

Now, how to I get speech to text working? It would be nice to speak my text messages...

Thanks! I had AEB Plus using hold send to toggle bluetooth.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurboFool (Post 557263)
The Voice Command in contacts is Sprint's old service and completely unrelated.

Go to Settings, Personal, and you should see the place where all the settings for MS Voice Command are handled. But it's already on and set up by default. Just hit the voice command button on your Bluetooth headset and you're up and running. The settings just allow you to adjust some notification settings and such, including reading text messages. Make sure you uncheck the bit about high priority messages only if you want to hear all of them.

I knew about this, but couldn't get the program to turn on. Thanks though...