PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2008, 02:39 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro baby!!
Carrier: Sprint (employee plan = 20 dollars) 3000 anytime minutes and unlimited everything else :-P

blue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to blue4shizzle Send a message via Yahoo to blue4shizzle
a few other tricks worth posting..

so i know a few of these may be already posted on the site, but im sure a few arent.. and let me tell ya, that touchflo performance boost is exactly what it says.. ive noticed a BIG improvement in responsiveness with it. even with flicking through the pics and contacts.. everything is snappy and hardly any lag at all.. actually its not even just tf3d, its the overall performance of the touchpro IMO, check it out for yourselves and post so i dont look like im crazy lol

Boost TFL3D Performance =>> HKLM\System\Storagemanager\Fatfs you have to change the key Cachesize from 16384 to 32768 and also in HKLM\SYSTEM\GDI\GLYPHCACHE\limit you have to enter 16384 or 32768 (DWORD decimal) instead of 8192 (the default value)

Wake Up on New SMS =>> HKLM\Drivers\BuiltIn\RIL : DisableSMSWakeUpEvent key usually has the 1 value.
Changing this value to 0 will turn the screen on if you want.

Enable GPS photo =>> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HTC\Camera\P10 you have to change the enabled key value from 0 to 1
Now this is one of the HTC Touch Pro Tricks I use the most:

Adjust screen sensitivity =>> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\TouchPanel
Value = PressureThreshold Change from the default dword:00000027 or 34 to dword:000000f0 or 240 in decimal

Multiple Camera Modes =>> burst can be enabled in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HTC\Camera\P6 . The enabled value must be changed from 0 to 1 ,just Keep the button pressed down to take more pictures while sport can be done in the same way , but in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HTC\Camera\P8 ( 5 pictures in quick succesion )

Enable video share by applying the following registry modification to your HTC Touch Pro=>>
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HTC\Camera\P9 ; change the value enabled from 0 to 1

Enable/disable HSUPA =>> HKLM\Software\HTC\AdvancedNetwork\SupportHSUPA 1 for enable ,0 for disable

Remove or reduce Vertical and Horizontal Scrollbars on your HTC Touch Pro with the following trick:
For the horizontal (bottom) scrollbar:
HKLM\System\GWE\cyHScr = closer to 0, the bar is smaller. 0 = totally removed (DWORD decimal) For the vertical (right) scrollbar: HKLM\System\GWE\cxVScr = closer to 0, the bar is smaller. 0 = totally removed (DWORD decimal)

>>
Here’s a cool Opera trick for your HTC Touch Pro=>> Download this opera.ini (http://jiehong.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/opera.zip) , If you have connection problems when you have both MSN and Opera running together and copy it to \Windows\Opera9\

Remove Operator Startup and Shutdown logo =>> under HKLM\Software\HTC\HTCAnimation, remove key value of StartupGif, StartupWav, ShutdownGif and ShutdownWav

Disabe AutoKill =>> if the applications are closing by themselves, you can disable AutoKill under HKCU\Software\HTC\TaskManager, EnableAutoKill key value must be changed to 0

samsung 640A --> motorola Q --> sprint touch --> now doin it big with the touch pro... oh so sexy lol

Last edited by blue4shizzle; 12-03-2008 at 02:41 AM.
This post has been thanked 7 times.
Old 12-03-2008, 03:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

xtkxhom3r is a n00b
Re: a few other tricks worth posting..

wow awesome tips bro thanks!
Old 12-03-2008, 04:23 AM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL

or you could load a custom rom and most of these are on there.
Old 12-03-2008, 05:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

dr g is keeping up the good workdr g is keeping up the good workdr g is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Enable/disable HSUPA =>> HKLM\Software\HTC\AdvancedNetwork\SupportHSUPA 1 for enable ,0 for disable
Can someone explain what HSUPA does, and whether it makes any sense to enable it on a Sprint phone?
Old 12-03-2008, 05:17 AM
caddieguy02

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

for those who arent into doing registry edits...almost all of these edits can be done with the DIAMOND TWEAKS APP...its alot easier using this app also...
Old 12-03-2008, 05:31 AM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddieguy02 View Post
for those who arent into doing registry edits...almost all of these edits can be done with the DIAMOND TWEAKS APP...its alot easier using this app also...
+1 on this....much easier.....here is the app...

Last edited by flyers2114; 12-12-2008 at 09:48 PM.
Old 12-03-2008, 08:59 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch

beantown76 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue4shizzle View Post

Boost TFL3D Performance =>> HKLM\System\Storagemanager\Fatfs you have to change the key Cachesize from 16384 to 32768 and also in HKLM\SYSTEM\GDI\GLYPHCACHE\limit you have to enter 16384 or 32768 (DWORD decimal) instead of 8192 (the default value)

Question on this. On my Pro the Cachesize file has a value of 0. Is this normal? I've done registry edits before so I'm pretty sure I'm looking at the right file. According to the OP the default value looks like it should be 16384. I want to make sure I'm doing the right thing. Thanks
Old 12-03-2008, 10:53 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro baby!!
Carrier: Sprint (employee plan = 20 dollars) 3000 anytime minutes and unlimited everything else :-P
Threadstarter

blue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blue4shizzle Send a message via Yahoo to blue4shizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by beantown76 View Post
Question on this. On my Pro the Cachesize file has a value of 0. Is this normal? I've done registry edits before so I'm pretty sure I'm looking at the right file. According to the OP the default value looks like it should be 16384. I want to make sure I'm doing the right thing. Thanks
ah no worries... my default value wasnt the same as the original post either.. but hell, once i did the tweak.. performance definately improved
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, BB Bold, BB 9650, HTC EVO

belizema1 is just getting started

great tips...thanks
Old 12-03-2008, 11:38 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Swerv is a n00b

How do you Boost the TFL3D Performance i dont understand from the above post. Where do I go? How do I start?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro