PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2008, 05:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Ranger093 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRanger093 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRanger093 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRanger093 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint ROM no TOUCHflo 3d!?

Has anyone cooked a rom without the "Fancy" resource hog touchflo 3d? I know you can disable it but there still is a TON of stuff in the windows folder from it. Is there a way to just remove it? Any help is appreciated!
Old 12-03-2008, 11:43 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: I have Evolved.

chappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Sprint ROM no TOUCHflo 3d!?

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=45922

There's one. Not really sure why though, the phone has more than enough memory and processor to run tf3d and everything else without breaking a sweat. Disabling TF3D is kinda silly to me, but hey, whatever suits you.
Old 12-03-2008, 12:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo pro Soon to be Touch pro 2

remlle is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via ICQ to remlle Send a message via AIM to remlle Send a message via Yahoo to remlle

I use PhoneAlarm Pro From Pocketmax.net. It is a complete alarm management software. and the new version has a way to make the left softkey disable touchflow and have a normal display. it will also release the resources the TF3d uses. I love it. best of both worlds.
Old 12-03-2008, 01:06 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Yes there are ROMS without TF3D but why not just disable it in your Today settings? That is a no-brainer. Unlike the Mogul/Titan the TP has plenty of memory.
Old 12-03-2008, 02:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Ranger093 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRanger093 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRanger093 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRanger093 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Because the Windows folder is Filled with Hundreds of files just from TF3D.
Old 12-03-2008, 02:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

When the windows folder is bloated it slows down your device to hell. Windows mobile has a HORRIBLE file system and is not organized whatsoever. I hope they redo it in windows mobile 7
Old 12-03-2008, 02:35 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: I have Evolved.

chappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I'm not really sure what to say, my device is the exact polar opposite of slow, with TF3D enabled. Not sure what is to be accomplished, but again, it's your phone.
Old 12-03-2008, 02:40 PM
VIP Member

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger093 View Post
When the windows folder is bloated it slows down your device to hell. Windows mobile has a HORRIBLE file system and is not organized whatsoever. I hope they redo it in windows mobile 7
Just curious, do you have any data to show how much it slows it down?

I just don't think that simply having those files on your device will slow it down that much.

I still say just disable it. And if you are worried about speed, go visit the "Touch Pro Essentials" thread and do some of the tweaks listed there.

Compared to the oringinal stock Titan/Vogue (6800/6900) ROM, the stock ROM on the TP is actually not that bad. There are some custom ROMS for the TP but you aren't going to see much of a speed up from the stock Sprint TP (with the "essentials tweaks")
Old 12-03-2008, 03:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

No, i do not have data to support this currently. I seen a thread on it not too long ago however.
Old 12-03-2008, 03:16 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger093 View Post
No, i do not have data to support this currently. I seen a thread on it not too long ago however.
Link?

Go ahead and try flashing a ROM without TP3D and see how you like it and if it indeed is any faster.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro