PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2009, 01:25 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: lg optimus
Carrier: Sprint

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint ROM no TOUCHflo 3d!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by x10guy View Post
Actually now that I have had a chance to really play around with TF3D more I'll have to change my mind and agree with the OP.

TP3D is a resource hog and there are benefits to removing it completely than just simply disabling it.

There are custom ROMS that don't have TF3D but they are usually the "lite" versions that are stripped down.
Does anyone know if there are "loaded" custom ROMS without TF3D?
I don't have the conclusive scientific test results to prove it, but I'm 99.9% sure that disabling it from the today screen will be the same as not cooking it into the rom as far as performance goes. I've built roms both ways, and I found that I prefer to have TF3D dormant in windows/ so I can call it up when I want to show someone how nice/smooth it is. then turn it off when you actually want some efficient mobile computing done. Side by side, performance seems the same when just disabled vs not cooked.
Old 03-18-2009, 01:38 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishe View Post
I don't have the conclusive scientific test results to prove it, but I'm 99.9% sure that disabling it from the today screen will be the same as not cooking it into the rom as far as performance goes. I've built roms both ways, and I found that I prefer to have TF3D dormant in windows/ so I can call it up when I want to show someone how nice/smooth it is. then turn it off when you actually want some efficient mobile computing done. Side by side, performance seems the same when just disabled vs not cooked.
Am I reading your post right? You have TF3D installed just to show it off? Doesn't that seem counter intuitive? Why show off something you don't like and don't use? lol

Yeah I admit the speed thing is negligible but so many people flash a custom ROM and use the argument of getting rid of bloatware.
Now granted some people actually like it and use it but TP3D has GOT to be the biggest bloatware on the device. It's not even close.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:16 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: sprint touch pro
Carrier: The Trilogy Signal Service

selders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to selders59

Download a kitchen from GC and he has a rom there that doesn't have TF3D in it and it is easy to use. But why not just disable TF3D? I am using a rom from SSK and it is loaded and it doesn't seem to slow to me with TF3D enable. If you don't want TouchFlo why get a phone designed around it? Here is a link to GC.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ghlight=themes
Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

"Remember To Click THANKS If Someone Helps"
Old 03-18-2009, 07:30 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

I can verify that it's pretty easy to cook a GC ROM minus the TF3D app, I actually did it by accident once..... (I completely skipped over the checkbox for TF3D & didn't realize it until the phone booted up & TF3D was nowhere to be found)

~John
Old 03-23-2009, 12:44 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by x10guy View Post
Am I reading your post right? You have TF3D installed just to show it off? Doesn't that seem counter intuitive? Why show off something you don't like and don't use? lol

Yeah I admit the speed thing is negligible but so many people flash a custom ROM and use the argument of getting rid of bloatware.
Now granted some people actually like it and use it but TP3D has GOT to be the biggest bloatware on the device. It's not even close.
I think you are misunderstanding how the system works.
I have TF3D installed, which means that the files exist on the system ready to be run. However, the OS isn't actually DOING anything with it if not selected from the today screen plugin menu.

In other words, you could have hundreds of today screen plugins installed, from Ultimate Launch and BatteryStatus to TF3D and SPB Mobile Shell... but only the ones selected to display will do anything.
Go into start, settings, today, Items, and untick TF3D, it will be the same as it not being installed as far as the OS is concerned.

The nice thing is, if someone wants to see how nice the Touch Pro is, you can turn it back on for bragging rights.
Old 03-23-2009, 12:53 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

mpeters13 is a n00b

I'm kind of with Ranger on this one. It takes 15 seconds for my Windows directory to fully load to the point I can scroll through. Frankly, I'm not in there that often, so it isn't a big deal. He/She isn't crazy for wanting a guide for removing the unnecessary items in the directory, though.
Old 03-23-2009, 01:06 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpeters13 View Post
I'm kind of with Ranger on this one. It takes 15 seconds for my Windows directory to fully load to the point I can scroll through. Frankly, I'm not in there that often, so it isn't a big deal. He/She isn't crazy for wanting a guide for removing the unnecessary items in the directory, though.
That may be true, but it still doesn't effect the performance of the OS in general. Only when using certain File Explorers to view the windows\ dir. Also "removing" files in the ROM don't actually remove them (reclaim memory). Stuff that's in the rom can be "marked as deleted", so the OS will overlook/ignore them, but they will be there upon hard reset.

If it bothers you that much, sure, delete all the files that start with "manilla", but otherwise this is not a big deal at all IMO.
Old 03-23-2009, 01:21 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Moved to the general Touch Pro Forum.

late,
Coz

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro