PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Glitch/stutter during music playback (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=47521)

dr g 12-03-2008 03:23 AM

Glitch/stutter during music playback

So I don't listen to a lot of music on my TP, but today I happened to listen for several hours and I noticed a small glitch or stutter -- a pause in the music of a few miliseconds, sometimes a short click of static -- when playing music. Very intermittent, maybe every 5-10 minutes. This is with Coreplayer and also TCPMP when I tried.

Anyone else experienced this? Or if you don't, what player software are you using?

SMC 12-03-2008 04:08 AM

Re: Glitch/stutter during music playback

this happens to me when playing MP3 file recorded at 32kbps with HTC Audiomanager, however when playing with the Windows Media Player it was OK.

regression 12-03-2008 09:43 AM

Happens to me when I use WMP or TCPMP.

deduce 12-03-2008 01:07 PM

Also happens to me when I use Kinoma. I thought I might have just been the player.

Exil3d 12-03-2008 01:28 PM

Be carefull. It might not be the software you are using to play the media. It might just be all the tweaks you have applied. I used the Diamond tweaker posted here on this site and enabled all the tweaks and now my phone stutters using its UI and some other programs. I did not narrow down the problem but I am sure itys one of the tweaks apllied by the Diamond tweaker.

gobmonster 12-03-2008 02:07 PM

i have this issue too, i read that both the diamond and pro have a stuttering problem....

anyone get this with a custom rom yet?

regression 12-03-2008 02:11 PM

Yeah, my TP is running the stock ROM, no tweaks and it still does it.

dr g 12-03-2008 06:27 PM

I wonder if this could be related to the data connection or something? Maybe I'll try today.

Kind of sad if this is just normal behavior. It's not something that makes music unlistenable but it is kind of annoying.

[sammich] 12-03-2008 06:37 PM

I notice the issue when I use PocketPlayer.

And dr g brings up a good point.

Your phone will lag if you are in a low-signal area. Go somewhere on the fringe your carrier and you will notice some obnoxious slowdowns.

fruit 12-03-2008 07:10 PM

i had this issue when using a BT Headphone (Moto S9). The weird thing was, the problem occurred very frequently (every 15 sec) when I'm outside in cold air. But the minute I walk into a building the stuttering disappeared.

I've done two separate tests and could not identify why this issue happens:
1st, I've tried putting my phone into flight mode and the problem still persisted.
2nd, I've hard Resetted with no program / tweaks installed except for the Sprint default customization and problem still persisted.

i was using HTC Audio Manager both times.