PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Keep power off when sliding open keyboard (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=47517)

Black06c230 12-03-2008 02:33 AM

Keep power off when sliding open keyboard

I know....or at least I think before I hard reset my TP that I had found a .cab or a regedit that would keep the power off (screen) when you slide to open the keyboard.

I have searched high/low...to the best of my ability and can not find anything on this.

I used to and still do slide my phone open/close when bored sometimes while waiting in line and what have you.

Please help...it annoying that it keeps turning on. Mogul had it so this must to right???

thanks

thacounty 12-03-2008 02:40 AM

Re: Keep power off when sliding open keyboard

+1 Id love to see a cab or regedit for this.

ramiss 12-03-2008 02:45 AM

You can disable auto-wakeup when keyboard is opened.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Hardware\DeviceMap\Keybd]
Create new dword "SlideWakeup" with value of 0 and soft reset. To revert, delete the key or set it's data to 1. Source

VTEC4ME 12-03-2008 02:49 AM

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Hardware\DeviceMap\Keybd] Create new dword "SlideWakeup" with value of 0 and soft reset. To revert, delete the key or set it's data to 1.

augie0041 12-03-2008 03:16 AM

I've been searching around and this seems to be the closest to what I'm experiencing.
First off, I disabled TouchFlo, and I am using the Default Windows Mobile desktop along with iLauncher (which is priceless to me). I use the same 'Device Locked/Unlocked' today screen option as I did with WM5. However, while its in the official sprint rubber case and clipped on my belt, sometimes the keyboard opens a bit, and this automatically unlocks the phone. Is there a way to prevent the phone from auto-unlocking when the keyboard is opened?

thacounty 12-03-2008 03:20 AM

What these guys have offered is that the screen will not come on therefore the device will not unlock or be able to unlock.

Edit: I hope. haha

ramiss 12-03-2008 03:34 AM

It works great for me and with S2U2 it really saves battery by protecting the device from accidentally running apps or keeping the device awake.

Compusmurf 12-03-2008 09:58 AM

This is in the stickies. :)

rawdikrik 12-03-2008 10:44 AM

Id like the power button to be disabled while the keyboard is open.... I hit it everytime i text someone...

blue4shizzle 12-03-2008 12:55 PM

i never thought anyone would slide out the keyboard without wanting the screen to turn on lol.. i guess next we will want to disable the sound while in a phone call :-P