PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2009, 09:45 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint

skywalker6705 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TF3D Slider Off Center

I've been trying to re-find the solution to this for a bit now, but I'm not making any progress. Using a CDMA Sprint Touch Pro. Problem is that the stock Sprint ROM is different in a few ways, which usually isn't an issue, but when you install a custom slider in TF3D, the slider is off center unless you edit to correct it's position. Problem is I've lost the thread which details exactly which file I need to be editing and how. Can a kind soul give me a hand?
Old 02-13-2009, 10:35 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro & Palm Pre

Machinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuff
Re: TF3D Slider Off Center

It's in the post your desktop thread on the 2nd page I think.
Old 02-13-2009, 10:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Hero

mrfett79 is becoming a great contributor

???????? can you give more info. I too would like to know
thanks
Old 02-13-2009, 10:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO

DOUBLEVISION is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to DOUBLEVISION Send a message via Yahoo to DOUBLEVISION

i would also like to know how to fix this problem
Old 02-13-2009, 10:56 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro & Palm Pre

Machinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuff

This is the post I was referring to, it was on page 3 actually.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...8&postcount=25
Old 02-13-2009, 10:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

mavblues is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmavblues is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmavblues is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Put this manila file in your windows directory, replacing the file of the same name that's in there already. (Unzip it first)
Attached Files
File Type: rar Re-center slider (last).rar (3.4 KB, 53 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by mavblues; 02-13-2009 at 11:01 AM.
Old 02-13-2009, 01:47 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

skywalker6705 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavblues View Post
Put this manila file in your windows directory, replacing the file of the same name that's in there already. (Unzip it first)
I tried out this file, and it just restored the default slider. It's still off-center however.

My default Sprint theme is fine, but using any other manila theme results in the slider being about 5-10 pixels too far to the left. If you go to the Programs tab, it is also 5-10px to the left of the edge of the screen.

I'd like to find out which Manila file it is that needs to be modified to fix this though, so that I would be able to adjust this myself on future themes and wouldn't be limited to those tailored to Sprint HTC Touch Pro models.
Old 02-13-2009, 02:01 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

The slider file is 1e29e8e7_manila, you have to edit any one that you want to use unless the creator has already created it for a sprint manila. YOu can use chainfire's gui editor (found on XDA here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=470798) to extract the png, then use a graphic editor to move the slider over and down and import the png back into the manila file using chainfire's program.. And you've got a centered slider.

Last edited by eenieMINI; 02-13-2009 at 02:04 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-13-2009, 10:40 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

skywalker6705 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by eenieMINI View Post
The slider file is 1e29e8e7_manila, you have to edit any one that you want to use unless the creator has already created it for a sprint manila. YOu can use chainfire's gui editor (found on XDA here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=470798) to extract the png, then use a graphic editor to move the slider over and down and import the png back into the manila file using chainfire's program.. And you've got a centered slider.
Thanks. I thought since it was just a Sprint theme issue that it might have something to do with a script or something, but I guess it really is this easy. I used the Manila Editor 0.2 to do it. Imported the image into Paint.net and moved it exactly 20 pixels to the right, no vertical adjustment needed.

For those with the same problem as me, solution is as follows:
1. Install whatever theme it is you want. Compare closely to a posted screenshot of the slider on the Home tab.
2. If the slider is off centered (quite likely), use a file explorer to copy the 1e29e8e7_manila file from your Windows directory on the phone to your PC.
3. Open this in Manila Editor and extract the PNG.
4. Using any PNG editor (Paint.net is free), adjust the slider position. For my case it was 20 pixels, but this may not always be true.
5. Replace the image in 1e29e8e7_manila using Manila Editor.
6. Disable TouchFlo3D on your Phone. Copy the 1e29e8e7_manila file to your Windows directory. If you cannot overwrite the file, try using Total Commander or another utility running on the phone.
7. Re-enable TouchFlo3D and test.

Many thanks to those who helped me out.
Old 02-20-2009, 07:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Hambone301 is a n00b

Can you give more detailed instructions on extracting the PNG? I have Paint.net and can see the manilla file on my PC but dont know to extract the PNG to edit it. Thanks!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro