PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2008, 05:46 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO + Palm PRE + Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

gearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
SPB Mobile Shell vs. Battery life

I know that SPB Mobile Shell ate through the battery on my Touch, and it was said to be a known problem. So I tried it on my TP last night just to see, and my battery dropped 20% in like 5 minutes and my phone was burning hot!

I've never had the heat issue since day 1 - even when on a long phone call, so I thought it was strange. Anybody else try SPB MS on the TP? How has it worked for you?

[
Old 12-03-2008, 06:24 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level
Re: SPB Mobile Shell vs. Battery life

Running it now... I can get through about a full day and a half before it dies.

I'll be hard resetting soon and I'll try to keep it uninstalled.
Old 12-03-2008, 06:27 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

same here man, used it with the Mogul without a glitch and now with the TP just fine. It has to be something else drinking your juice up.

Saumaun , what type of interface are you running on it? Gr8ball or ....later
Old 12-03-2008, 06:28 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

gearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuff

did you do anything different to it? I literally installed it and pt the phone down, and when I picked my phone back up after 5 minutes, battery went from 40% to 20% and my phone was burning hot...

I like TF3d, don't get me wrong, but i would still like to play with another option...
Old 12-03-2008, 06:29 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

My phone usually last a whole day - even with my abuse - on one charge, and never heats up. I didn't add or change anything except for SPB. Is there maybe a known software conflict?
Old 12-03-2008, 06:39 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

Don't know as of now. What version of SPB are you running ?I have 2.1 with some different backgrounds as stuff, nothing in particular..how long did u have the TP?
I eliminated TF3D after few hours of getting the TP.,unchecked atomatic update for the weather too. I assume you are using Sprint charger not some half A** brand..well figure it out man...
Old 12-03-2008, 07:05 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

I think I figured it out. I use the Sprint Charger, or USB sync/charge overnight. But - I was running version 2.0. I went to the site and downloaded 2.1.2 and it seems to work fine. 35 minutes and no battery drop yet...
Old 12-03-2008, 07:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

LoneSnark is keeping up the good workLoneSnark is keeping up the good work

I did not like TF3D so I installed SPB mobile shell very soon after getting the phone. As such, I do not know if it is the shell causing this or something else. After a soft reset, my touch pro works perfectly, quickly, and cooly. Battery life is a short day and a half, especially compared to my mogul which once managed a week before dying.

However, I have no idea what it is, but at some point a switch gets flipped and the phone, while in either standby or in use, will get warm and drain the battery very quickly, usually from 100% to dead within a matter of hours. But the fix is easy enough, a soft reset makes the inexplicable power drain go away for a few days.
Old 12-03-2008, 09:55 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneSnark View Post
I did not like TF3D so I installed SPB mobile shell very soon after getting the phone. As such, I do not know if it is the shell causing this or something else. After a soft reset, my touch pro works perfectly, quickly, and cooly. Battery life is a short day and a half, especially compared to my mogul which once managed a week before dying.

However, I have no idea what it is, but at some point a switch gets flipped and the phone, while in either standby or in use, will get warm and drain the battery very quickly, usually from 100% to dead within a matter of hours. But the fix is easy enough, a soft reset makes the inexplicable power drain go away for a few days.
I've had that happen too. I just upgraded to 2.1.2 and it hasn't happened yet... knock on wood.
Old 12-04-2008, 10:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: VZW

Lyman1 is keeping up the good workLyman1 is keeping up the good work

Spb has just posted a new revision of Mobile Shell 2.1.3 on ther Web Site Today.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro