PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2008, 10:47 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: VZW Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

dimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Verizon now offering Visual Voicemail for TP

So I was checking out the Verizon website and saw that they had the Omni out but it looks like they gimped it too. But back to my reason for posting. They are now offering Visual Voicemail for the Touch Pro. When we are able to go to a custom ROM is there anyway to get the cab for this for the Verizon users that would want this?
Old 12-02-2008, 11:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

tentostoys is a n00b
Re: Verizon now offering Visual Voicemail for TP

Where did you see this? I just looked for it and couldn't find anything about visual voicemail on the normal site, or in "My Verizon."

*Edit*

Okay, I found it in their tools and applications (never had a desire to look through their crapware before) It says it is not available for my phone model (Touch Pro) plus it is $2.99 a month regularly.

Last edited by tentostoys; 12-02-2008 at 11:51 PM.
Old 12-03-2008, 12:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VZ TP2 XV6875

ramborami is keeping up the good workramborami is keeping up the good work

Its not available for the TP yet... Only Windows Mobile phone that its available on is the Omnia... I should be getting an Omnia within a couple days to play with it, I hope to be able to copy over the files and registry keys... "pray for me"

If anybody wants to help me out, please PM me.

I started a thread here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?p=553692
Old 12-03-2008, 09:16 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: VZW Droid X
Threadstarter

dimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Actually I found it on their website that they are saying that it is available for the TP. I also talked to a rep over the phone last night. (But then again, we know how useful they can be)
Old 12-03-2008, 10:58 AM
Noob
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Baffles

They charge another 3 bucks for it? Epic fail.

baf.cc | GPS Toggler | Touch Pro Essentials | Got MSL?
Donations are accepted and greatly appreciated.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-03-2008, 12:47 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

shellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to shellguy Send a message via MSN to shellguy Send a message via Yahoo to shellguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffles View Post
They charge another 3 bucks for it? Epic fail.
Well Baffles Alltel charges an extra 10.00 for alltel nav even with a smart choice plan..

Shell
Old 12-03-2008, 01:37 PM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

i don't know what a smart choice plan is, but the more they make users charge for things they'll barely use... the more disgruntled users become. i know like 5 people i could potentially leave visual voicemails for (the rest don't have phones capable), and 4 of them i really wouldn't want to... i wouldn't pay any amount of money to leave visual voicemails to one person. they've got to realize that selling an obvious gimmick is like kicking a customer in the nuts.
Old 12-03-2008, 01:43 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Dont be surprised Visula Voicemail turns out gimped lik everything else VZN had. If I was all of yous I would read the fine print first before paying for it. Imagine paying for it and Visual Voice mail is just a email to you that gives you a link. Once you click the link it just makes you phone dail you voicemail and then you listen to your voicemail. Hehehe
Old 12-03-2008, 01:46 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

Wow, I've kind of wanted visual voicemail, but wouldn't consider paying extra for it. Feels like the days when we used to have to pay for caller ID and call waiting. What a ripoff. This should be an evolution of the service, not a premium.
Old 12-03-2008, 02:22 PM
Lurker

danzero7 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ou2mame View Post
i don't know what a smart choice plan is, but the more they make users charge for things they'll barely use... the more disgruntled users become. i know like 5 people i could potentially leave visual voicemails for (the rest don't have phones capable), and 4 of them i really wouldn't want to... i wouldn't pay any amount of money to leave visual voicemails to one person. they've got to realize that selling an obvious gimmick is like kicking a customer in the nuts.

I'm not sure you're thinking of visual voicemail. It's not a video voicemail, it's voicemail that you can access with a GUI. You can go directly to specific voicemails and fast forward and rewind voicemails without having to listen to them in order or go through the keypad options of skipping, saving, etc.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro