PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Verizon now offering Visual Voicemail for TP (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=47488)

dimitri 12-02-2008 10:47 PM

Verizon now offering Visual Voicemail for TP

So I was checking out the Verizon website and saw that they had the Omni out but it looks like they gimped it too. But back to my reason for posting. They are now offering Visual Voicemail for the Touch Pro. When we are able to go to a custom ROM is there anyway to get the cab for this for the Verizon users that would want this?

tentostoys 12-02-2008 11:42 PM

Re: Verizon now offering Visual Voicemail for TP

Where did you see this? I just looked for it and couldn't find anything about visual voicemail on the normal site, or in "My Verizon."

*Edit*

Okay, I found it in their tools and applications (never had a desire to look through their crapware before) It says it is not available for my phone model (Touch Pro) plus it is $2.99 a month regularly.

ramborami 12-03-2008 12:02 AM

Its not available for the TP yet... Only Windows Mobile phone that its available on is the Omnia... I should be getting an Omnia within a couple days to play with it, I hope to be able to copy over the files and registry keys... "pray for me"

If anybody wants to help me out, please PM me.

I started a thread here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?p=553692

dimitri 12-03-2008 09:16 AM

Actually I found it on their website that they are saying that it is available for the TP. I also talked to a rep over the phone last night. (But then again, we know how useful they can be)

Baffles 12-03-2008 10:58 AM

They charge another 3 bucks for it? Epic fail.

shellguy 12-03-2008 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baffles (Post 556883)
They charge another 3 bucks for it? Epic fail.

Well Baffles Alltel charges an extra 10.00 for alltel nav even with a smart choice plan..

Shell

ou2mame 12-03-2008 01:37 PM

i don't know what a smart choice plan is, but the more they make users charge for things they'll barely use... the more disgruntled users become. i know like 5 people i could potentially leave visual voicemails for (the rest don't have phones capable), and 4 of them i really wouldn't want to... i wouldn't pay any amount of money to leave visual voicemails to one person. they've got to realize that selling an obvious gimmick is like kicking a customer in the nuts.

Exil3d 12-03-2008 01:43 PM

Dont be surprised Visula Voicemail turns out gimped lik everything else VZN had. If I was all of yous I would read the fine print first before paying for it. Imagine paying for it and Visual Voice mail is just a email to you that gives you a link. Once you click the link it just makes you phone dail you voicemail and then you listen to your voicemail. Hehehe

TurboFool 12-03-2008 01:46 PM

Wow, I've kind of wanted visual voicemail, but wouldn't consider paying extra for it. Feels like the days when we used to have to pay for caller ID and call waiting. What a ripoff. This should be an evolution of the service, not a premium.

danzero7 12-03-2008 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ou2mame (Post 557165)
i don't know what a smart choice plan is, but the more they make users charge for things they'll barely use... the more disgruntled users become. i know like 5 people i could potentially leave visual voicemails for (the rest don't have phones capable), and 4 of them i really wouldn't want to... i wouldn't pay any amount of money to leave visual voicemails to one person. they've got to realize that selling an obvious gimmick is like kicking a customer in the nuts.

I'm not sure you're thinking of visual voicemail. It's not a video voicemail, it's voicemail that you can access with a GUI. You can go directly to specific voicemails and fast forward and rewind voicemails without having to listen to them in order or go through the keypad options of skipping, saving, etc.