PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2008, 10:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Claro Jamaica

trackhouse1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Help with reprogrammed Sprint Touch Pro

Hello all,
I recently purchased a Sprint Touch Pro to export to my country where my network also uses CDMA. I used to own a Sprint Treo 650 which I also brought home a connected with my cell company and had no problems using voice or data. Thanks to your site i was able to find out how to unlock my Touch Pro and took it to my cell company to reprogram it. The voice and text messaging works just fine but the data is not working. It seems to me that somehow the data is still trying to connect to Sprint even though I have added new setting for my network. So my question is....Is there a way to completely wipe out Sprint's data settings in the EPST screen? I notice that there are actuall IP addresses in the "Second & Primary Home Agent" field. I changed the user name to the right one for my network but didnt see any password field. Any help would be greatly appreciated

P.S. my network only has 1x availabe at the moment
Old 12-02-2008, 11:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc diamond
Carrier: vzw

creedin is keeping up the good workcreedin is keeping up the good workcreedin is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to creedin Send a message via MSN to creedin
Re: Help with reprogrammed Sprint Touch Pro

from step 15 here ( http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=44663 )

You should have text messaging and voice, but data not yet. So to get data, you have some options. If you can't get data to authenticate, follow step thirteen. Then force the phone into 1x mode (I don't care how you do it - what I did was go to a mall basement) and connect to the internet in 1x mode. EvDO won't work, but 1x does work. What is going to happen is the HA and AAA shared keys will be written. If all goes well, you should have your sprint touch pro phone 99.9% working on vzw network.

Now, the roaming triangle will stay there, I'm still working on how to remove that. But it will work everyday. Enjoy your new phone =)

------------------

Step Thirteen
Place your phone back in diag mode. Connect to QPST service programming and go to the MIP default profile (AAA shared secret and HA shared secret is where you need to go in Service programming). If there is anything in those two areas, delete it, click enter hex values and leave it blank. Write to phone.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:18 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

trackhouse1 is a n00b

Will those instructions work for other networks? I'm not using Verizon am using Claro's network which operates out of Jamaica and many South American countries.
Old 12-03-2008, 12:34 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

trackhouse1 is a n00b

...also am getting the "Cannot Connect Dialed #777" pop-up and also "Error Code 65"

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro