PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2008, 07:40 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Front Cam

Quote:
Originally Posted by navymarvin View Post
wouldn't the camera in the front take the price up for US the consumers? if it was left in.
By about $10, maybe. But isn't it worth it?

Especially with programs like BioWallet for the G1 that scan the user's retina instead of a password.
Old 12-05-2008, 07:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g/HTC TP 2
Carrier: Sprint

navymarvin is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to navymarvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post

Especially with programs like BioWallet for the G1 that scan the user's retina instead of a password.
i wouldn't mind and yes it would be worth it but you know somebody would have something to say about it. i paid 442 with mine with sprint didn't even blink. i like the phone and have no complaints other than having a hard time get the nice looking themes working.
Old 12-25-2008, 05:39 AM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked
Carrier: Verizon

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff

Do any US carriers support the webcam? CDMA? GSM? Anyone? At all? Is there any way to use the front camera if not able to use it for video calling? i.e. Skype, MSN, Yahoo, or ANY other webcam chatting program? Any applications that support it?

It seems all the search results for "video calling" bring up opinionated discussions, but nobody says anything about being able to use the front camera in any way. Just something I'm sure would be informative if these questions were answered.
Old 12-25-2008, 12:29 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Well Skype supports it, MSN has the feature on the desktop version.

If the cameras were, the carriers and software companies would follow.
Old 12-25-2008, 01:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO
Carrier: Alltel

SuperchargedFiero is a n00b

I saw something about that when i was on HTC site, although i was on the Europe site and didnt notice... Their site is WAY nicer then the US site. More info and such.

I have Alltel and also dont have a front camera. Only an optic sensor for auto backlight control
Old 12-25-2008, 03:10 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

<----not a big fan of the cell webcam or the webcam in general. would not have been one of the reasons i would have bought it.

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 01-09-2009, 04:28 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 7380
Carrier: sprint rated #1

beefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to beefcakeb0 Send a message via Yahoo to beefcakeb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post

regardless of vidchat they shouldnt have taken it with all of these capabilites ^ and self portrait and they had to steal it from us.
i thought it was included with the price of the phone.
i have friends high at a refurb plant. how hard u guys think itd be to get a added cam?
Old 01-09-2009, 05:51 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

black_co is just getting started

Here is a tear down of the Sprint Touch Pro: http://www.phonewreck.com/2008/12/19...-and-teardown/

It has 2 camera connections on the pcb, but I'm not sure if they are both used in the Sprint version.
Old 01-09-2009, 06:03 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

heartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuff

Its good to know that it has both camera connections that kinda leaves the possibilities open, however there was no real reason for sprint to include a cmos camera. They would have to insure that and at this point they don't offer any service that supports it. However I do see this becoming a strong selling point in the US when 4 g rears its head. I would love someone to prove me wrong though I would love video calling to become a norm

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro