PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2008, 08:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc evo 4g
Carrier: sprint

pbg225 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HELP! Internet sharing speed very slow

I bought a sprint touch pro the day it came out i have an unlimited data plan and a job as a both attendent which allows me to have my computer and kinda chill which i loved the pro for cause i could just connect and have full usage of the internet, and through video streaming and games i was able to get through my 8 hour shift. Speed was great i did speedtest.net and im not sure the exact results but it was about 1500kbs down and 500 up but recently my internet has been extremly slow i havent done anything to the phones software or changed my location or anything yet my speed is at a lowly 400kbs down and 60kbs up does anyone know why or how to fix this!?
Old 01-29-2009, 06:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: dash
Carrier: t-mo

backdoc7 is a n00b
Re: HELP! Internet sharing speed very slow

im getting about 500-550 kbps up and 350-400 down on speedtest.net. just got the touch pro and sprint.. thought id be a little faster.. but it's not bad if you have to use it.
Old 01-29-2009, 06:28 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch
Carrier: Sprint

bestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on rep

For me it twice slower them mogul was.
Old 01-29-2009, 06:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP

arctic@1m is a n00b

Mine went from 1500 to 400-600.
I called Sprint. They said the have had a nationwide outage for 5 weeks. It sounded like a 'canned' answer.
They may have some issues with data backbone...
Old 01-29-2009, 07:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: dash
Carrier: t-mo

backdoc7 is a n00b

wow, 1500 to 400-600 is crazy.. i can see a couple of hundred depending on time of day (depending on how many users at the time you test), but 1/3 is crazy.. 500 isn't that slow for browsing but for downloading, im sure it's not fast either.
Old 01-29-2009, 09:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

coolguy949 is becoming a great contributor

Also, as a note - bluetooth tethering is a lot slower as well. At least that's what I've come to notice...
Old 02-12-2009, 12:41 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

nization is a n00b

I just tested my Touch Pro's ICS for the first time myself and it only clocked in at 1100 down and 75 up.

My original Touch used to do 3000 down and 400 up. Is this something that's been taxed gradually in anyway (it has been a couple months since I've tethered on the Touch) or is there something different about the Pro hindering it's speeds?
Old 02-12-2009, 01:07 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/8525 Unlocked Hermes
Carrier: Sprint/T-Mobile

mikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via ICQ to mikee4fun Send a message via AIM to mikee4fun Send a message via MSN to mikee4fun Send a message via Yahoo to mikee4fun Send a message via Skype™ to mikee4fun

3000 down I find that hard to believe as I had a Mogul and a Touch and never came close to any of those speeds, even in downtown San Francisco. As for the Touch Pro I have found the Telus radio produces the best speed for me. I was getting way crappy downloads until changing the radio. Try it and see if it works for you. We have six radios to choose from. The latest 1.11 did not do anything for me.

Radio Link

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=46616
If I helped you, please hit the button.
Old 10-07-2011, 11:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: NUNYA
Carrier: YOMAMA

duronimo is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikee4fun View Post
3000 down I find that hard to believe as I had a Mogul and a Touch and never came close to any of those speeds, even in downtown San Francisco. As for the Touch Pro I have found the Telus radio produces the best speed for me. I was getting way crappy downloads until changing the radio. Try it and see if it works for you. We have six radios to choose from. The latest 1.11 did not do anything for me.

Radio Link

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=46616

duronimo, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Dealing with this flaky technology is bad enough... I never say ANYTHIGN on forums but yours is more of a pain than the issues i seek info on.

Congrat-U-suck-lations

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro