PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2008, 08:52 PM
Noob
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Baffles
Oh, the Irony

So I'm using that crappy case that came with the phone (at least, I was) instead of pocketing it. Well, I was running to catch the shuttle on campus today to get home, and I heard a thunk. I was like hmm, then I reached down and my phone wasn't there. Then someone yelled "hey, you dropped something." At that moment my heart stopped for a second, went back, and sure enough it was my phone. Landed on its corner, now the corner is all scuffed up. Could be worse I guess, no cracking anything that I saw. But still, it sucks, the only reason this happened is because the phone wasn't in my pocket, but in the case because I was trying to keep the phone with less scratches/lint in it.

baf.cc | GPS Toggler | Touch Pro Essentials | Got MSL?
Donations are accepted and greatly appreciated.
Old 12-02-2008, 08:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6900 & Omnia
Carrier: I gotta bunch of guys following me around that call themselves the network.

t1tt910 is just getting started
Re: Oh, the Irony

Wow, sorry to hear about that. If the ding is that bad then take it back (30 day rule) and get an Omnia.

I just got my Omnia and it rocks!!!
Old 12-02-2008, 08:59 PM
Noob
Threadstarter

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level

I'm past my 30 days, and I don't want an Omnia either. :P

Anyway, the chrome is actually flaking off some. Is Sprint still replacing them for screwed up chrome, or did that end up being false? I'm kind of afraid of the new devices anyway with the complaints on them.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

xunknownx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxunknownx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxunknownx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxunknownx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxunknownx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to xunknownx

the only way the phone would come out of your pouch is if you didnt close the velcro flap properly, cause the velcro is actually pretty strong. im using the stock case myself and its not too too bad. u grow to like it.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:03 PM
Noob
Threadstarter

The whole case came off, not the velcro.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:08 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro baby!!
Carrier: Sprint (employee plan = 20 dollars) 3000 anytime minutes and unlimited everything else :-P

blue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blue4shizzle Send a message via Yahoo to blue4shizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by t1tt910 View Post
Wow, sorry to hear about that. If the ding is that bad then take it back (30 day rule) and get an Omnia.

I just got my Omnia and it rocks!!!
dude.. compared to the touchpro (sprint) that omnia is garbage. but it is a nice phone, but i dont blame you since you got a gimped tp on your network anyway

samsung 640A --> motorola Q --> sprint touch --> now doin it big with the touch pro... oh so sexy lol
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

xunknownx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxunknownx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxunknownx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxunknownx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxunknownx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to xunknownx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffles View Post
The whole case came off, not the velcro.
ouch... that sucks... sorry to hear that man...
Old 12-02-2008, 09:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

farhaat2007 is just getting started

I see you have sprint. If u have tep u can go to a store and get it replaced for free if not pay them $55 for another one.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:25 PM
Noob
Threadstarter

I wasn't aware TEP covered cosmetic damage, which is probably what they will say it is. The keyboard is a little looser and has a little gap in it now, though.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:34 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

You just experienced one of my fears...

It seems pointless to have exposed corners if you're trying to protect the phone. Chances are if the phone falls, it's NOT landing perfectly vertical, horizontal, up, or down. It's landing at an angle...

Well, see if your carrier will let you get a replacement. Blame it on the crappy case that does nothing to protect the phone.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro