PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Oh, the Irony (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=47472)

Baffles 12-02-2008 08:52 PM

Oh, the Irony

So I'm using that crappy case that came with the phone (at least, I was) instead of pocketing it. Well, I was running to catch the shuttle on campus today to get home, and I heard a thunk. I was like hmm, then I reached down and my phone wasn't there. Then someone yelled "hey, you dropped something." At that moment my heart stopped for a second, went back, and sure enough it was my phone. Landed on its corner, now the corner is all scuffed up. Could be worse I guess, no cracking anything that I saw. But still, it sucks, the only reason this happened is because the phone wasn't in my pocket, but in the case because I was trying to keep the phone with less scratches/lint in it. :(

t1tt910 12-02-2008 08:56 PM

Re: Oh, the Irony

Wow, sorry to hear about that. If the ding is that bad then take it back (30 day rule) and get an Omnia.

I just got my Omnia and it rocks!!!

Baffles 12-02-2008 08:59 PM

I'm past my 30 days, and I don't want an Omnia either. :P

Anyway, the chrome is actually flaking off some. Is Sprint still replacing them for screwed up chrome, or did that end up being false? I'm kind of afraid of the new devices anyway with the complaints on them.

xunknownx 12-02-2008 09:02 PM

the only way the phone would come out of your pouch is if you didnt close the velcro flap properly, cause the velcro is actually pretty strong. im using the stock case myself and its not too too bad. u grow to like it.

Baffles 12-02-2008 09:03 PM

The whole case came off, not the velcro.

blue4shizzle 12-02-2008 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by t1tt910 (Post 555802)
Wow, sorry to hear about that. If the ding is that bad then take it back (30 day rule) and get an Omnia.

I just got my Omnia and it rocks!!!

dude.. compared to the touchpro (sprint) that omnia is garbage. but it is a nice phone, but i dont blame you since you got a gimped tp on your network anyway

xunknownx 12-02-2008 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baffles (Post 555825)
The whole case came off, not the velcro.

ouch... that sucks... sorry to hear that man...

farhaat2007 12-02-2008 09:12 PM

I see you have sprint. If u have tep u can go to a store and get it replaced for free if not pay them $55 for another one.

Baffles 12-02-2008 09:25 PM

I wasn't aware TEP covered cosmetic damage, which is probably what they will say it is. The keyboard is a little looser and has a little gap in it now, though.

[sammich] 12-02-2008 09:34 PM

You just experienced one of my fears...

It seems pointless to have exposed corners if you're trying to protect the phone. Chances are if the phone falls, it's NOT landing perfectly vertical, horizontal, up, or down. It's landing at an angle...

Well, see if your carrier will let you get a replacement. Blame it on the crappy case that does nothing to protect the phone.