PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2008, 09:48 PM
Noob
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO
Threadstarter

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Baffles
Re: Oh, the Irony

I suppose I'll call the corporate store tomorrow and tell them whats up and see what they say. My MEID falls within the range of that supposed memo for chrome issues = replacement, so hopefully it's real.

baf.cc | GPS Toggler | Touch Pro Essentials | Got MSL?
Donations are accepted and greatly appreciated.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

Spr0ckEt is keeping up the good workSpr0ckEt is keeping up the good workSpr0ckEt is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Spr0ckEt Send a message via MSN to Spr0ckEt Send a message via Yahoo to Spr0ckEt

Lol, that sucks man. I dropped my 6800 the DAY I took it out of its case to breathe and get a cleaning. Never fails. Lets see a pic... I wanna see how bad it is.
Phone history: Moto V265 (5), Moto V710 (4), Moto E815 (1), Moto Q (4), Treo 700wx (3), and XV6800 (5), Alltel Touch Pro (5), VZW Touch Pro 2 (2), HTC Incredible (3), HTC Thunderbolt (5), HTC Rezound (5), HTC DNA (4), Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (3)
Old 12-02-2008, 10:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6900 & Omnia
Carrier: I gotta bunch of guys following me around that call themselves the network.

t1tt910 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue4shizzle View Post
dude.. compared to the touchpro (sprint) that omnia is garbage. but it is a nice phone, but i dont blame you since you got a gimped tp on your network anyway
I agree the Sprint TP is better than the VZ Omnia, the oversight was on my part I did not look to see his service provider.
If I had to the shell out the 300+ beans and / or signed some binding 2 year contract I would have gone with the Sprint TP on the VZW net... But since VZW gave me a choice of any phone they carry I chose the Omnia prior to the release of it.
Old 12-02-2008, 10:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffles View Post
I suppose I'll call the corporate store tomorrow and tell them whats up and see what they say. My MEID falls within the range of that supposed memo for chrome issues = replacement, so hopefully it's real.
mine was flaking off and I called a repair center and they said that they were aware of the range, I told them my number and they said if I had any trouble swapping it at Best Buy to have the BB rep give them a call. (I had to do the swap at BB since I got it from them.)

Old 12-02-2008, 10:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

cforster is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
I'm past my 30 days, and I don't want an Omnia either. :P

Anyway, the chrome is actually flaking off some. Is Sprint still replacing them for screwed up chrome, or did that end up being false? I'm kind of afraid of the new devices anyway with the complaints on them.
I have to tell you, I just got my TP replaced under the 30 day exchange yesterday (was on backorder for 2.5 weeks).

This replacement is absolutely great. Build date 11/19

Keyboard/Screen gap is minimal, back is snug (no tape needed), screen is perfectly flush, and so far it has not stopped charging while using wmwifirouter. Still gets very warm, but not as bad.

This is my 2nd replacement and there is absolutely no reason to send back. Great device.

Just an FYI on the latest batch. I might have just got lucky? Who knows?

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
Albert Einstein

If I or anyone else has helped you, please don't forget to click
Old 12-02-2008, 10:27 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

I can't lie, my techs can change the case. I drop my phone all the time, actually until yesterday it was pretty ugly. I use to be a tech for sprint, I quit but of course I know everyone at my store still. My homie was able to change the case on mine. He took out the inside and put it in the inside of a return. So basically I have my same phone but it looks brand new. We use to do this for the mogul and the apache I was just waiting for them to do this phone. Now they do. If your techs are savvy like us they can change the case for you. The reason I waited so long is because I know I can't go in there after every single drop so I wait till its real beat up then they swap it for me. Its like when the screen breaks, we wouldn't order a new phone for that we would fix it. Baffles do you live in the Bay Area?
Old 12-02-2008, 10:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

dr g is keeping up the good workdr g is keeping up the good workdr g is keeping up the good work

Quote:
The whole case came off, not the velcro.
Ufortunately that is the risk with open-clip cases
Old 12-03-2008, 09:51 AM
Noob
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO
Threadstarter

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Baffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
I can't lie, my techs can change the case. I drop my phone all the time, actually until yesterday it was pretty ugly. I use to be a tech for sprint, I quit but of course I know everyone at my store still. My homie was able to change the case on mine. He took out the inside and put it in the inside of a return. So basically I have my same phone but it looks brand new. We use to do this for the mogul and the apache I was just waiting for them to do this phone. Now they do. If your techs are savvy like us they can change the case for you. The reason I waited so long is because I know I can't go in there after every single drop so I wait till its real beat up then they swap it for me. Its like when the screen breaks, we wouldn't order a new phone for that we would fix it. Baffles do you live in the Bay Area?
I do not. I am past my 30 days, so will they tell me to go to Best Buy anyway? I'll give them a call today and see what they say.
Old 12-03-2008, 10:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 4G

rawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to rawdikrik

Quote:
Originally Posted by xunknownx View Post
the only way the phone would come out of your pouch is if you didnt close the velcro flap properly, cause the velcro is actually pretty strong...
Actually... i wish this was true.

Ive used mine since day one... and Im always pulling the phone out.

Im gonna have to guesstimate that my velcro is about 50% less strong than it was when i first got the case. It just doesnt hold as well.

There is a plus though.... the stupid ripping sound of the velcro is sooooo much quieter now.

I will soon buy a magnetic one like I had for my diamond.
Old 12-03-2008, 12:21 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
I do not. I am past my 30 days, so will they tell me to go to Best Buy anyway? I'll give them a call today and see what they say.
You seem to be confused as to what I'm talking about. I know your past 30 days and your phone is scratched up. At my sprint store we WOULDN'T exchange your phone and give you a new one. We would change the casing on the phone. So basically all the scratches and dings would be fixed but the motherboard would be the same. So in actuality you would have the same phone but it would just look brand new. Thats how we repair htc out here. If someones screen were to crack, we wouldn't give them a new phone we would repair it. They would save the $50 from insurance and they would get their phone fixed for free because they have insurance. The only thing though is cosmetic damage isn't covered but if you go in there and just talk to the tech I would definitely just change the casing at my sprint store.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro