PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2008, 09:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic, Evo, TP2
Carrier: Sprint

TheMostToys is keeping up the good workTheMostToys is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Ok people, lets talk video quality with tv out cables...

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post
What about Powerpoints? Do they appear crisp as they would on the computer?
The same as they would if you were using composite out from your computer.
Old 12-02-2008, 10:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic, Evo, TP2

TheMostToys is keeping up the good workTheMostToys is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffles View Post
Uhm, on video out I noticed a fair performance drop, as did others.
I've watched rise of the silver surfer (from microSD) multiple youtube videos and streaming TV (football game from Orb) and noticed a very slight delay, but not bad (if you don't focus on it, you won't even notice) but the video quality (from composite connection) left a lot to be desired (fuzzy). YMMV.
Old 12-03-2008, 10:39 AM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

Is there ANYWAY at ALL to get smooth video without blue flicker or half the frame rate!?
Old 12-03-2008, 11:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: sprint

dew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I use Orb with TCPMP and get very close to VCR quality - not as good as upconverted DVD, but good enough to watch.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:34 AM
i like turtles
Threadstarter

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

very close to vcr quality!? That sounds horrible! I was looking forward to bringing my movies to my friends houses and stuff. Although, that's orb. That's from the internet, so close to vcr quality might not be so bad considering it's not a file on your phone.

What about loading a file with TCPMP? What's the quality then? Also, where can I find a working version of TCPMP for the touch pro? I've heard people talking about issues with that and the touch pro.

LAST DAY FOR ME TO DECIDE TO STAY AND I'M FREAKING OUT!
Old 12-03-2008, 12:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

PolloLoco is keeping up the good workPolloLoco is keeping up the good work

Do you have a PMP to compare to? I have an Archos 605 and it's video quality is far superior to this phone's via TV Out.

Though I love the TV Out feature as a toy. I use Coreplayer with the direct draw setting. You don't get the blue flicker, but the video might be slower if your file is too big. Also - on TV Out, blocking in dark scenes is much more obvious due to Coreplayer's inability. If you look closely at your phone you can see what I'm talking about. This was obvious while watching a downloaded preview of "The Dark Knight".

That said, Coreplayer's next update (not released) supposedly already has a fix for the blue flicker. Also - I watched Hellboy and another movie, both 700 meg downloads via TV out and the current "direct draw" and they looked great. Certainly better than VHS, but well below DVD or even PMP standards. The image is slightly washed out, not too clear.
Old 12-03-2008, 12:29 PM
i like turtles
Threadstarter

Does it feel like you're watching a bootleg, still-in-theater copy or something? Hows the audio?
Old 12-03-2008, 12:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

PolloLoco is keeping up the good workPolloLoco is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post
Does it feel like you're watching a bootleg, still-in-theater copy or something? Hows the audio?
That's a decent description. I know someone posted a sample video on this or XDA developers - search for "TV Out Cable". The audio from Coreplayer is good, but low. I was thinking of adding the program to amplify volume, only for this purpose.

The volume issue doesn't exist for all programs. I played some emulators on TV Out and the volume was great.

Also - I should reiterate that loss in image quality is a lot more obvious on an HDTV. On my 27" SDTV it was definitely watchable.
Old 12-03-2008, 01:04 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre

aceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Guys, keep in mind that the Touch Pro was designed for buisness like people. It's a buisness phone not a real media player. The TV out wasn't ment to watch movie theater movies on your TV. It was ment for presentations of powerpoint and/or generic videos. The fact that you can watch movies is just a plus but you can't expect it to do it well.
Old 12-03-2008, 01:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre

aceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post
very close to vcr quality!? That sounds horrible! I was looking forward to bringing my movies to my friends houses and stuff. Although, that's orb. That's from the internet, so close to vcr quality might not be so bad considering it's not a file on your phone.

What about loading a file with TCPMP? What's the quality then? Also, where can I find a working version of TCPMP for the touch pro? I've heard people talking about issues with that and the touch pro.

LAST DAY FOR ME TO DECIDE TO STAY AND I'M FREAKING OUT!
This version works with the TP, it's what I am using and works fine.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=380387
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro