PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2008, 03:00 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07
Question Overclockage?

Is it possible to overclock the processor on the CDMA Sprint Touch Pro? I know it uses the 528 MHz Qualcomm MSM7501A with 32 MB ISM..

I know people do Registry Edits and disable this program or add that program to the TP, but if the clock speed is increased, then the TP will be faster..

Obviously, increasing the clock speed has negative side affects as well, namely heat (Already a well-documented issue) and increased rate of loss of battery life..
Old 12-02-2008, 03:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Diamond

hempy is just getting started
Re: Overclockage?

According to the thread with all of the criticalaudioinc info ( http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=41096 ):

"Overclocking
Currently I have one my engineneers attempting to convert the program provided by qualcomm for over clocking and testing the Processors into a smal cab file that could be used for over clocking the pro. But he is also making sure it can be safe done and not risk the device but wheres the fun."

But he disappeared long ago and hasn't been seen since IIRC.
Old 12-12-2008, 10:02 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S ll, Epic 4G Touch

tsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to tsowen Send a message via MSN to tsowen Send a message via Skype™ to tsowen

Quote:
Originally Posted by hempy View Post
According to the thread with all of the criticalaudioinc info ( http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=41096 ):

"Overclocking
Currently I have one my engineneers attempting to convert the program provided by qualcomm for over clocking and testing the Processors into a smal cab file that could be used for over clocking the pro. But he is also making sure it can be safe done and not risk the device but wheres the fun."

But he disappeared long ago and hasn't been seen since IIRC.
Would be nice to have this program
Old 12-12-2008, 10:17 AM
Let me count thy wounds
Pocket PC: Photon 4G

blasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Yahoo to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Skype™ to blasphemous_prime

And now they make dual-core processors that we can't overclock. This is why I loved PXA2xx series processors so much back then for the fact that you can easily run them to 624MHz.
If you are literally serving shit to American children, or knowingly spinning a wheel where it is not unlikely that you will eventually serve shit – if that’s your business model? Then I got no problems with a jury of your peers wiring your nuts to a car battery and feeding you the accumulated sweepings from the bottom of a monkey cage. In fact, I’ll hold the spoon.” -Ralph Dunlop-
Old 12-12-2008, 10:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (VZW)
Carrier: Verizon

FrozenIpaq is becoming a great contributor

Just wondering if anyone gave Pocket Hack Master a try yet: http://classic.pocketgear.com/softwa...il.asp?id=7258

It's one of the firs things I was going to try when I got my TP
Old 12-12-2008, 11:49 AM
Big MVP Diesel
Threadstarter

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level

So there is no software to do it?
Old 12-12-2008, 11:51 AM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

HeY guys, I had the HTC performance cab running on the Mogee and it made a difference in speed with lil freezing here and there. My question :anyone tried it on ther TP?
Old 12-12-2008, 12:03 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Threadstarter

It might work... Can you post the .CAB or a link to it? I will try it later.. The TP is a different chipset then the Mogul so it might not work..
Old 12-12-2008, 12:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

dtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenIpaq View Post
Just wondering if anyone gave Pocket Hack Master a try yet: http://classic.pocketgear.com/softwa...il.asp?id=7258

It's one of the firs things I was going to try when I got my TP
Apparently not compatible yet. The following is from the manufacturer's web site support forum for Pocket Hack Master:

pea****93 - 10 November 2008 04:39 AM

Hello Anton,

Well I’ve finally retired my 6700 and moved on to a Sprint Touch Pro. What an amazing upgrade! I still love that old 6700 but it doesn’t hold a candle to the Pro. So I guess I’m just curious if you are working on anything or if it is even feasible?

pea****93

Nothing encouraging yet - we still don’t have any official documentation for the MSM7200. We are reverse engineering linux source code but this is a very slow process
Signature

Anton Tomov

CEO, Wizcode LLC
http://www.wizcode.com

As a side note, nice to see the CEO of the company answering posts. Maybe we could get some action on this if enough people expressed interest on their forums.

Last edited by dtndvm; 12-12-2008 at 12:34 PM.
Old 12-12-2008, 12:20 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

I grabbed this a while back from SPJ I believe. Do not install unless you are a risk taker and know your way around. Noobies dont touch yet. Go for it Big D
Attached Files
File Type: cab HTC_Performance.cab (138.1 KB, 27 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro