PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2008, 12:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch
Carrier: sprint sero

pyroz is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Forced Roaming + Incoming Call Problem

I used the registry hack to force roaming since I hardly get reception here. Now, the problem is I can dial out no problem and get internet but I can't receive incoming calls, it goes straight to voicemail. Is there a fix for this?
Old 12-02-2008, 12:59 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100
Re: Forced Roaming + Incoming Call Problem

this happens to me when i force 1x. if i dont soft reset right after doing it, my phone wil light up when a call comes in but will never ring, and will go straight 2 voicemail. try a soft reset?

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!
Old 12-02-2008, 01:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

already tried that. still happens. this never happened before until now.
Old 12-02-2008, 01:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC6700, Treo 700wx, Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

CountryDevil is keeping up the good workCountryDevil is keeping up the good workCountryDevil is keeping up the good work

No fix. It has to do with 1X data but not necessarly a roaming issue. Here is the deal, when in a 1x area only (No EVDO available) the phone uses the 1x network for both data and voice. If your phone has an active (not idol) data session going on and actively receiving data on your phone, it can not receive the voice call since the channel is already busy.

However with EVDO your phone uses 1x for voice and EVDO for data. So there are actually two channels opened up that you phone is currently using.

I had the same issue since I am pretty much in a roam only area where I live. The best thing I can suggest for you is not to use data on the phone while roaming.

Another thing that you can try is look at your phone settings and make sure the your DDTM setting is set to "off" This will allow all voice calls to take priority over data. Data will take priority if it is "on"
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-02-2008, 01:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryDevil View Post
No fix. It has to do with 1X data but not necessarly a roaming issue. Here is the deal, when in a 1x area only (No EVDO available) the phone uses the 1x network for both data and voice. If your phone has an active (not idol) data session going on and actively receiving data on your phone, it can not receive the voice call since the channel is already busy.

However with EVDO your phone uses 1x for voice and EVDO for data. So there are actually two channels opened up that you phone is currently using.

I had the same issue since I am pretty much in a roam only area where I live. The best thing I can suggest for you is not to use data on the phone while roaming.

Another thing that you can try is look at your phone settings and make sure the your DDTM setting is set to "off" This will allow all voice calls to take priority over data. Data will take priority if it is "on"
thanked you. you nailed it on the head. Thanks a lot.
Old 12-02-2008, 01:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100

Quote:

thats general cell radio knowledge, i knew that already. when i switch my phone to 1x, no data transfer goes on on my device because 1x is slow as hell so id rather not use it. also, my long key end press is set to kill my data conection and i always make sure my connection is dead if im not using it for battery life purposes

with that being said, when i switching the operation mode for the phone radio from hybrid(1x+Ev) to 1x only, ive found that not resetting after switching modes causes the calls to go straight to vm. this may not be the same issue the op is pointing out, but that is a good point and may work for him, but thats not the root to my issue..
Old 12-02-2008, 01:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC6700, Treo 700wx, Touch Pro

CountryDevil is keeping up the good workCountryDevil is keeping up the good workCountryDevil is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Success100 View Post
thats general cell radio knowledge, i knew that already. when i switch my phone to 1x, no data transfer goes on on my device because 1x is slow as hell so id rather not use it. also, my long key end press is set to kill my data conection and i always make sure my connection is dead if im not using it for battery life purposes

with that being said, when i switching the operation mode for the phone radio from hybrid(1x+Ev) to 1x only, ive found that not resetting after switching modes causes the calls to go straight to vm. this may not be the same issue the op is pointing out, but that is a good point and may work for him, but thats not the root to my issue..
Have you checked your DDTM setting under the phone settings? That setting is primarly for the 1x data. EVDO does noy apply to this setting. I ahve nto played much with the mod of operation settings, but I can play with them and let you know if I have the same issues.
Old 01-30-2009, 10:59 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

bonneyt is a n00b

Quote:
Have you checked your DDTM setting under the phone settings? That setting is primarly for the 1x data. EVDO does noy apply to this setting. I ahve nto played much with the mod of operation settings, but I can play with them and let you know if I have the same issues.
i have the same problem... calls go straight to vmail... i'm not using force roam though... DDTM says off, any thoughts??
Old 01-30-2009, 11:54 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch PRO

Yankees368 is becoming a great contributor

I have not had this issue while EVDO roaming on Alltel.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro