PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Forced Roaming + Incoming Call Problem (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=47398)

pyroz 12-02-2008 12:55 PM

Forced Roaming + Incoming Call Problem

I used the registry hack to force roaming since I hardly get reception here. Now, the problem is I can dial out no problem and get internet but I can't receive incoming calls, it goes straight to voicemail. Is there a fix for this?

Success100 12-02-2008 12:59 PM

Re: Forced Roaming + Incoming Call Problem

this happens to me when i force 1x. if i dont soft reset right after doing it, my phone wil light up when a call comes in but will never ring, and will go straight 2 voicemail. try a soft reset?

pyroz 12-02-2008 01:04 PM

already tried that. still happens. this never happened before until now.

CountryDevil 12-02-2008 01:04 PM

No fix. It has to do with 1X data but not necessarly a roaming issue. Here is the deal, when in a 1x area only (No EVDO available) the phone uses the 1x network for both data and voice. If your phone has an active (not idol) data session going on and actively receiving data on your phone, it can not receive the voice call since the channel is already busy.

However with EVDO your phone uses 1x for voice and EVDO for data. So there are actually two channels opened up that you phone is currently using.

I had the same issue since I am pretty much in a roam only area where I live. The best thing I can suggest for you is not to use data on the phone while roaming.

Another thing that you can try is look at your phone settings and make sure the your DDTM setting is set to "off" This will allow all voice calls to take priority over data. Data will take priority if it is "on"

pyroz 12-02-2008 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CountryDevil (Post 555014)
No fix. It has to do with 1X data but not necessarly a roaming issue. Here is the deal, when in a 1x area only (No EVDO available) the phone uses the 1x network for both data and voice. If your phone has an active (not idol) data session going on and actively receiving data on your phone, it can not receive the voice call since the channel is already busy.

However with EVDO your phone uses 1x for voice and EVDO for data. So there are actually two channels opened up that you phone is currently using.

I had the same issue since I am pretty much in a roam only area where I live. The best thing I can suggest for you is not to use data on the phone while roaming.

Another thing that you can try is look at your phone settings and make sure the your DDTM setting is set to "off" This will allow all voice calls to take priority over data. Data will take priority if it is "on"

thanked you. you nailed it on the head. Thanks a lot.

Success100 12-02-2008 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CountryDevil (Post 555014)

thats general cell radio knowledge, i knew that already. when i switch my phone to 1x, no data transfer goes on on my device because 1x is slow as hell so id rather not use it. also, my long key end press is set to kill my data conection and i always make sure my connection is dead if im not using it for battery life purposes

with that being said, when i switching the operation mode for the phone radio from hybrid(1x+Ev) to 1x only, ive found that not resetting after switching modes causes the calls to go straight to vm. this may not be the same issue the op is pointing out, but that is a good point and may work for him, but thats not the root to my issue..

CountryDevil 12-02-2008 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Success100 (Post 555041)
thats general cell radio knowledge, i knew that already. when i switch my phone to 1x, no data transfer goes on on my device because 1x is slow as hell so id rather not use it. also, my long key end press is set to kill my data conection and i always make sure my connection is dead if im not using it for battery life purposes

with that being said, when i switching the operation mode for the phone radio from hybrid(1x+Ev) to 1x only, ive found that not resetting after switching modes causes the calls to go straight to vm. this may not be the same issue the op is pointing out, but that is a good point and may work for him, but thats not the root to my issue..

Have you checked your DDTM setting under the phone settings? That setting is primarly for the 1x data. EVDO does noy apply to this setting. I ahve nto played much with the mod of operation settings, but I can play with them and let you know if I have the same issues.

bonneyt 01-30-2009 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CountryDevil (Post 555082)
Have you checked your DDTM setting under the phone settings? That setting is primarly for the 1x data. EVDO does noy apply to this setting. I ahve nto played much with the mod of operation settings, but I can play with them and let you know if I have the same issues.

i have the same problem... calls go straight to vmail... i'm not using force roam though... DDTM says off, any thoughts??

Yankees368 01-30-2009 11:54 AM

I have not had this issue while EVDO roaming on Alltel.