PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Missing Storage Card (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=47390)

bnisel 12-02-2008 12:31 PM

Missing Storage Card

All of a sudden I can't find my storage card in file explorer. Also can get active sync to work. My pc just recognizes it as a storage. Can browse to the card that way but can't see it on my TP. Anyone else have this issue?

mdphoenix 12-02-2008 12:34 PM

Re: Missing Storage Card

In your PC can you see the contents?

Try rebooting your phone, then reinserting the card?

BigDiesel07 12-02-2008 12:36 PM

Try removing your Storage Card and re-inserting it.. Should cure the problem.. Go to Start - -> Settings - - > Connections - - > USB to PC.. Make sure 'Active Sync (Sync with Outlook)' is selected...

dr g 12-02-2008 12:49 PM

Are you doing it while connected to your computer? If you connect in storage mode, you will not be able to see the card from the phone's file system.

blazinazn 12-02-2008 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dr g (Post 554973)
Are you doing it while connected to your computer? If you connect in storage mode, you will not be able to see the card from the phone's file system.

This is partially correct. If you select 'disk drive' when you hook it up to your PC, you won't be able to access the files on the phone's file system. If you use activesync you should be able to.

If you are trying to use it as a USB drive, use disk drive, if not then use active sync

bnisel 12-02-2008 01:09 PM

Thanks Guys, I took out the card and did a soft reset and could see the card again. Also had to change to sync with outlook in connections and Now active sync works.

BigDiesel07 12-02-2008 01:13 PM

Good... Happy to help you out Nisel..

PPC Geeks... It's not so much a website as a way of life..

jc1409 12-02-2008 01:49 PM

Unrelated I hope, but this thread caught my eye. I have been having intermittent problems with my SD card not being available after soft resets. I have not properly troublshooted the issue, and another soft reset has fixed the issue every time for me.

When I 'lose' my SD card, the phone shows 'hardware not installed' or something like that.

BigDiesel07 12-02-2008 01:56 PM

I would check the SD slot on your phone to make sure there is no dirt or other foreign objects present.. It might be coming loose as after you put it in, which would cause it to not register.. Although a soft reset fixes your issue so its possible it is a software bug... If possible, put in a different SD Card.. The one you currently have might be the problem..

jc1409 12-02-2008 02:15 PM

Thanks BigDiesel07, I'll give these a try. The TP is new to me (1 week), so I have been doing quite a bit of customizing/adding new software, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if a software bug or conflict is causing the problem.