PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   So I bought a Touch Pro....... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=47387)

rubbermaid 12-02-2008 12:11 PM

So I bought a Touch Pro.......

i went to the sprint store yesterday and bought a touch pro... got a new account and everything.. i took the phone home and tried to slide the phone open... it would slide one way and the keyboard would come out but it wouldnt slide the other way.. i was told that it should... so i took a screwdriver and tried to pry the top up because it looked like a plastic peice was stuck and stopping it from sliding.. the top popped off and now i cant get it to turn back on... This phone is starting to piss me off i called sprint and they said that the phone isnt covered because it was intentional damage... WTF!

So i looked online and figured id take it apart to fix it.. i couldnt find a screwdriver small enough to take the screws out so i took a butterknife and wedged it in between the plastic and finally got it apart.. But some more plastic broke off and now i cant even get it back together... This phone looks cheap and i cant beleive that it broke so easilly... i went to sprint and was told i can not return it because i broke it, HOW CAN SPRINT SAY THAT... I WAS TOLD IT SLID BOTH WAYS... I WOULD NEVER HAVE THIS ISSUE WITH AT&T...

My question is what can i do to get this phone working again.. i tried using some glue to get the plastic back together... i even tried to put some small wood screws in the side to hold it together but nothing works... i think somthing must have shorted out because the battery gets very hot and smells like burning plastic..

WHAT DO I DO!!!!!

DrSuSE 12-02-2008 12:14 PM

Re: So I bought a Touch Pro.......

lol. Thank you.

cforster 12-02-2008 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rubbermaid (Post 554850)
i went to the sprint store yesterday and bought a touch pro... got a new account and everything.. i took the phone home and tried to slide the phone open... it would slide one way and the keyboard would come out but it wouldnt slide the other way.. i was told that it should... so i took a screwdriver and tried to pry the top up because it looked like a plastic peice was stuck and stopping it from sliding.. the top popped off and now i cant get it to turn back on... This phone is starting to piss me off i called sprint and they said that the phone isnt covered because it was intentional damage... WTF!

So i looked online and figured id take it apart to fix it.. i couldnt find a screwdriver small enough to take the screws out so i took a butterknife and wedged it in between the plastic and finally got it apart.. But some more plastic broke off and now i cant even get it back together... This phone looks cheap and i cant beleive that it broke so easilly... i went to sprint and was told i can not return it because i broke it, HOW CAN SPRINT SAY THAT... I WAS TOLD IT SLID BOTH WAYS... I WOULD NEVER HAVE THIS ISSUE WITH AT&T...

My question is what can i do to get this phone working again.. i tried using some glue to get the plastic back together... i even tried to put some small wood screws in the side to hold it together but nothing works... i think somthing must have shorted out because the battery gets very hot and smells like burning plastic..

WHAT DO I DO!!!!!

Are you serious? Is this a joke? (no, I'm not making fun, serious question here)

The phone only slides one way. Screen slides right (phone facing you)

shellguy 12-02-2008 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rubbermaid (Post 554850)

WHAT DO I DO!!!!!

I really hope you are kidding about this..

basilray 12-02-2008 12:21 PM

Yeah,

Sprint shouldn't be on the hook for your ignorance in forcing the phone apart.

That being said, if you have insurance on the line, call them and tell them you lost it, pay your deductible and get it replaced.

pyroz 12-02-2008 12:22 PM

add insurance and then claim it. easy fix.

4U2NV6 12-02-2008 12:22 PM

LOL. This just made my day. Thanks man.

Tinkturtle 12-02-2008 12:24 PM

wow, great laugh. thanks

Lylej2k 12-02-2008 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shellguy (Post 554870)
I really hope you are kidding about this..

As do I. Who the hell told you it slid both ways? And why the HELL did you try to take it apart instead of going back to the store to see what was up, and find out that it only slid one way. WOW i'm just dumbfounded.

Lylej2k 12-02-2008 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by basilray (Post 554876)
Yeah,

Sprint shouldn't be on the hook for your ignorance in forcing the phone apart.

That being said, if you have insurance on the line, call them and tell them you lost it, pay your deductible and get it replaced.

Since he's already gone into the store and they've seen it, wouldn't this be fraud?

Quote:

Originally Posted by pyroz (Post 554879)
add insurance and then claim it. easy fix.

This too?