PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2008, 11:27 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

kronemerk is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Blutooth Icon Disappeared

The Bluetooth icon disappeared from my System Status Bar (Bluetooth works, the Icon is just not there). It was there yesterday, and I have no idea why it disappeared, but it is handy, especially as I toggle it on and of with GoodThings2Life's radio utilities and ther is no indication of the status short of going to the communications settings (Which kind of defeats the purpose of the radio utilities)

If anyone has any suggestions to bring back the Icon I would appreciate it. I have searched the forum for a similar problem and not found a solution.

Thanks in advance

Kronemerk
Old 12-02-2008, 11:28 AM
Geek'n it Up
Pocket PC: xv6700 >> xv6800 >> BB Storm
Carrier: Red Devil Verizon

Lylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Lylej2k
Re: Blutooth Icon Disappeared

I would assume you've tried soft-resetting your phone.
Don't forget to hit the

Old 12-02-2008, 11:29 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

kronemerk is a n00b

Yes, That was my first thought, thanks
Old 12-02-2008, 11:32 AM
Geek'n it Up

Lylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on rep

ok then, if its still not there you may want to check out this thread, http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=44293 specifically this part

For the Bluetooth Icon
1. For cutsom bluetooth icons please see my post here with instructions and attached files http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...0&postcount=91 also big thanks to Brock1909 for sharing his files located here http://www.mediafire.com/05redrex updated 11/18/08
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-02-2008, 11:46 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

mdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to mdphoenix Send a message via AIM to mdphoenix Send a message via MSN to mdphoenix Send a message via Yahoo to mdphoenix

I tried using custom icons on the taskbar. Maybe that's what caused this? I think I'm at a point where I've played around enough with the phone (had it a week) and now I'm going to hard reset it and install the toys and interface that I want. I'll keep track of it as I install different tweaks to try to determine what's caused this.

Thanks!

EDIT: Yes, rebooted several times.
Old 12-02-2008, 11:47 AM
Geek'n it Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdphoenix View Post
I tried using custom icons on the taskbar. Maybe that's what caused this? I think I'm at a point where I've played around enough with the phone (had it a week) and now I'm going to hard reset it and install the toys and interface that I want. I'll keep track of it as I install different tweaks to try to determine what's caused this.

Thanks!

EDIT: Yes, rebooted several times.
Ya that may have caused it, let me know how it goes after the hard reset.
Old 12-02-2008, 12:38 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

mdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to mdphoenix Send a message via AIM to mdphoenix Send a message via MSN to mdphoenix Send a message via Yahoo to mdphoenix

Hard reset, turned on BT, now I have the icon. I'm gonna install SDKCert and DarkLord's Taskbar icon CAB. Stay tuned...
Old 12-09-2008, 09:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Galaxy S7 Edge
Carrier: T-Mobile

caseyatbt is just getting started

Any update. Mine disappeared a couple days ago. I hope to avoid a hard reset. I have completely restored a PalmOS from scratch (few times), but this is my first venture with PPC and don't want to risk losing something from my inexperience restoring this OS.
Old 12-09-2008, 09:49 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

blazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blazinazn

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseyatbt View Post
Any update. Mine disappeared a couple days ago. I hope to avoid a hard reset. I have completely restored a PalmOS from scratch (few times), but this is my first venture with PPC and don't want to risk losing something from my inexperience restoring this OS.
I believe if you've installed custom icons it will make you BT icon disappear.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...con#post548901
Old 12-09-2008, 02:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

xunknownx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxunknownx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxunknownx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxunknownx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularxunknownx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to xunknownx

If you changed your default dialer to the windows mobile dialer, your bluetooth icon on the top status bar will disappeared. i changed it back to the diamond skin dialer.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro