PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2008, 01:56 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

khonac is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touch Pro: Disable the Volume Keys & add hard keys functionalities

Does anyone know how to disable the TP Volume Keys or reassign its function? Because the Volume Keys are raised and it is very sensative to the accidental bumps. I either want to disable them or reassigned how it is activated (like push-and-hold)

Also under
Settings> Buttons
I want to add more functionalities to the hard keys. Currently, the only option is the Send key(Hold). Does anyone know how this can be done?

thanks in advance for any help
Old 10-30-2008, 02:10 AM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty
Re: Touch Pro: Disable the Volume Keys & add hard keys functionalities

Quote:
Originally Posted by khonac View Post
Does anyone know how to disable the TP Volume Keys or reassign its function? Because the Volume Keys are raised and it is very sensative to the accidental bumps. I either want to disable them or reassigned how it is activated (like push-and-hold)

Also under
Settings> Buttons
I want to add more functionalities to the hard keys. Currently, the only option is the Send key(Hold). Does anyone know how this can be done?

thanks in advance for any help
The program is aebutton plus. Will do exactly what u are asking. There is even a free version on the site that they will not offer tech support on, but it worked on my touch. This is a good program. Provide feedback if it works for TP as Im sure other will want to know. BTW this is not my app. But it is a good one.

http://ae.inc.ru/aebplus.php
Old 10-30-2008, 02:13 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: TP2 & BB Tour
Carrier: Sprinter

badboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by thacounty View Post
The program is aebutton plus. Will do exactly what u are asking. There is even a free version on the site that they will not offer tech support on, but it worked on my touch. This is a good program. Provide feedback if it works for TP as Im sure other will want to know. BTW this is not my app. But it is a good one.

http://ae.inc.ru/aebplus.php

i've been using this on my Diamond since day one and it WORKS GREAT!!!

i have vol. up reprogrammed to 'Start' and vol. down reprogrammed to 'OK'

this one two punch works wonders on the diamond!!!!!!!!!
I85 Nextel--> LG VX6000--> Moto V710--> Motorola Razr V3c unlocked alltel--> Razr V3c Verizon Red UI--> Motorola e815--> HTC 6700--> Motorola Q--> HTC Mogul--> HTC TOUCH--> Blackberry Pearl--> Blackberry Curve--> Treo 800w--> HTC Touch Diamond--> HTC Touch Pro--> Blackberry TOUR--> HTC Touch Pro 2
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-30-2008, 11:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Ezrem is just getting started

Using the paid version of this, is there any way to remap the HOME key?

I would like to make it so that HOME is left softkey for press, HOME for long press, and BACK/OK/whatever is right softkey for press, normal function for long press.

[Edit]
Well, I managed to get the HOME button to be assignable by using the Add Button command...and then going back into the application via task manager when it bounced me out to the Today screen. Assigning it the way I indicated works everywhere but the today page. On the today page, the HOME button always functions as it used to, taking me to the main clock/status screen. Does anyone have any idea how to disable that behavior?
[/Edit]

Last edited by Ezrem; 10-30-2008 at 12:53 PM.
Old 11-05-2008, 01:36 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, myTouch
Carrier: Sprint, T-Mobile

msiegle is a n00b

I am also using AEButton Plus to try to make up for the missing hard keys that I became accustomed to on the Mogul. I really miss the "OK" button the most followed by the Windows Key. I tried to remap the back arrow as an "OK" button and the envelope on the keyboard as "OK," but the results are quite mixed. It seems like I have to hit the key several times for the "OK" press to actually be registered. Then there are times, especially with the remapped Envelope key, where it will actually bring up messaging instead of just doing what the OK button would have done on a specific screen.

If it weren't for the fact that when you are in a threaded message you have to hit OK to return to your other messages or the other OK pop up dialog boxes that pop up I wouldn't be so concerned, but it's annoying having to reach to the screen to click OK, only to go back to the keyboard to continue typing to back down to the D-pad arrows to continue navigating.

BTW, remapping the volume keys to page up and page down on single press and volume up and down on long presses really makes up for the scroll wheel on the Mogul.
Old 11-05-2008, 08:05 AM
VIP & Master of my Domain
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP

TouchFlo causes issues mapping the home and <- keys. If you disable it, they tend to work ok when mapped. See the thread in my signature for more info.

Old 12-08-2008, 03:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond 2 / AT&T Pure
Carrier: AT&T

player911 is a n00b

Here is the best solution for me:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=256525

It is called Smartskey. I use version .60 on the AT&T Fuze (Touch Pro)

It is a simply program that remaps your Volume Keys to Up/Down states EXCEPT while in the Phone app and/or Today screen.

Launch the program once and it automatically loads and start working. The whole thing is also programmable via a simple ncluded INI file. I like it because it works awesome while still preserving the Phone Volume controls.

Me personally, I don't like the Volume buttons adjusting my volume at all, so I disable the Volume adjustment from the Homescreen. In the INI file, make this adjustment:
VOLUMEONTODAY=0

You can also program the Dpad to launch programs similar to what a normal cell phone does. Which is great if you don't use the Dpad for navigating the Homescreen. Since we have a Touchscreen... I use rlToday that I made that has big finger friendly buttons. So using the Dpad isn't needed.

It has a much smaller footprint then AEButton+ and you'll notice a faster response time when using the Volume keys as Up/Down. With AEB+, it feels laggy... but not with this new app.

I've used this app on the Samsung Epix as well with great success also. A MUST have for anyone who wants to run lean. It is set to automatically create a shortcut for the \Windows\StartUp folder unless noted otherwise in the INI file.

To stop the alterations, simply run the program again.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-09-2008, 03:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Galaxy S7 Edge
Carrier: T-Mobile

caseyatbt is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by player911 View Post
Here is the best solution for me:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=256525

It is called Smartskey. I use version .60 on the AT&T Fuze (Touch Pro)

It is a simply program that remaps your Volume Keys to Up/Down states EXCEPT while in the Phone app and/or Today screen.

Launch the program once and it automatically loads and start working. The whole thing is also programmable via a simple ncluded INI file. I like it because it works awesome while still preserving the Phone Volume controls.

Me personally, I don't like the Volume buttons adjusting my volume at all, so I disable the Volume adjustment from the Homescreen. In the INI file, make this adjustment:
VOLUMEONTODAY=0

You can also program the Dpad to launch programs similar to what a normal cell phone does. Which is great if you don't use the Dpad for navigating the Homescreen. Since we have a Touchscreen... I use rlToday that I made that has big finger friendly buttons. So using the Dpad isn't needed.

It has a much smaller footprint then AEButton+ and you'll notice a faster response time when using the Volume keys as Up/Down. With AEB+, it feels laggy... but not with this new app.

I've used this app on the Samsung Epix as well with great success also. A MUST have for anyone who wants to run lean. It is set to automatically create a shortcut for the \Windows\StartUp folder unless noted otherwise in the INI file.

To stop the alterations, simply run the program again.
Thanks, been looking for a program just like this since I moved from PalmOS.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro