PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2008, 10:14 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
car charger not charging

hello all.i ran into an interesting problem and was wondering if anyone else encountered this.i just got back from an 1800 mile trip.i knew where i was going but since my pro has sprint navi, i said what the hey.well 2 hours into my trip the pro went completely dead.i was using an after-market charger so i figured maybe it was not good enough for the pro.i went to the sprint store and purchased an oem car charger and the same thing happened.it will charge the phone but if i use navi,it stops charging the phone.has anyone had this happen or is my 3rd touch pro defective?thanx in advance.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Raphael (Touch Pro)
Carrier: Sprint

dlbrummels is keeping up the good workdlbrummels is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via ICQ to dlbrummels Send a message via AIM to dlbrummels Send a message via MSN to dlbrummels Send a message via Yahoo to dlbrummels Send a message via Skype™ to dlbrummels
Re: car charger not charging

The charger isn't powerful enough to run the phone and GPS, look at the RadioShack iGo charger. On the mogul I could have on (data, bluetooth,GPS) and still charge the phone.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

hellraiser_osu knows their stuffhellraiser_osu knows their stuffhellraiser_osu knows their stuffhellraiser_osu knows their stuffhellraiser_osu knows their stuffhellraiser_osu knows their stuff

I had third party ones that just wouldn't charge. This past weekend I took a 2.5 hour trip and I used GPS as well as was streaming radio via EVDO and had bluetooth connected.. My Sprint purchased car charger seemed to keep up and I was able to make it home and it still showed full battery.
Old 03-16-2009, 10:38 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

darnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr8820 View Post
it will charge the phone but if i use navi,it stops charging the phone
I'm using the HTC car charger and it works fine UNTIL I start running Sprint Navigation. I can run everything under the sun at once and things will keep charging, but EVEN IF I START SPRINT NAVIGATION WITH NOTHING ELSE RUNNING, a little while into the ride, the circle around the navigation button goes solid as if things are fully charged, but they're NOT and the device runs off battery, draining lower, the entire ride.

There has to be something jacked up in Sprint Navigation. The first few minutes it seems things are charging while navigation is running, but before too long you look thinking the battery is fully charged, but it's really draining dry slowly. You've really got to be on long rides to recognize it.

Given this is not happening with anything but Sprint Navigation, I can't help but feel there's a problem in Sprint Navigation. And I've got the latest version of Sprint Navigation v2.1.

In the car I'm also using a Motorola T505, to play the audio through the car stereo.
Old 03-16-2009, 11:00 PM
Account Disabled
Threadstarter

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level

man, i forgot all about this thread lol! to the above poster, have you tried the telenav upgrade? you lose the sprint navi badges but it runs alot smoother but i haven't tried it on long trips yet. i can only go home once a year now because of this dang economy! i didn't look at the name, what's up darnell!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-16-2009, 11:34 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

darnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuff

Is this the Telenav upgrade?
Old 03-16-2009, 11:44 PM
Account Disabled
Threadstarter

that's it my man!
Old 03-17-2009, 12:05 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

I just loaded it up. It will take a while before I can determine how it performs on some long drives. Like late next week. But just starting up the Telenav Upgrade (Telenav version 5.1.16) I immediately noticed when making up a route, that it has more options. Now I am asked when making up a route, if I want the Fastest, Shortest, Traffic Optimized, Prefer Streets, Prefer Highway, Pedestrian. I never saw any of those options in Sprint Navigation . Whether or not it helps with the charging it's still better to have.

Anybody know how we can get any future Telenav upgrades? I could not find this CAB on telenav's site.
Old 03-17-2009, 12:08 AM
Account Disabled
Threadstarter

i don't know how this one came about, but i thanked them because i like this one better. i will be awaiting your test results lol!
Old 03-17-2009, 12:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

wjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to wjrandon Send a message via Yahoo to wjrandon

My problem is no matter which car charger I use the Touch Pro will overheat and once it's above 47c the device will no longer charge and the battery will start to drain. This is with me using GPS navigation and music playback via bluetoooth. It doesn't seem to matter what you're doing with the Touch Pro once it runs hot it wont charge until it cool down.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro