PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2009, 12:45 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

darnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: car charger not charging

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjrandon View Post
My problem is no matter which car charger I use the Touch Pro will overheat and once it's above 47c the device will no longer charge and the battery will start to drain. This is with me using GPS navigation and music playback via bluetoooth. It doesn't seem to matter what you're doing with the Touch Pro once it runs hot it wont charge until it cool down.
Can't say I've having any heat issues. Sometimes mine feels a little warm, but that's about it. I've got one of the January 2009 builds.

I'm thinking you need a new battery or device replacement for those heat issues. Seems some of the earlier builds were having that heat problem.
Old 03-17-2009, 01:00 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

zalozhed is a n00b
Unhappy Re: car charger not charging

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjrandon View Post
My problem is no matter which car charger I use the Touch Pro will overheat and once it's above 47c the device will no longer charge and the battery will start to drain. This is with me using GPS navigation and music playback via bluetoooth. It doesn't seem to matter what you're doing with the Touch Pro once it runs hot it wont charge until it cool down.
The same things happen to me regardless if i'm using AC or DC adaprer. And I recieved mine one week ago as brand new.
Old 03-17-2009, 05:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

darnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalozhed View Post
The same things happen to me regardless if i'm using AC or DC adaprer. And I recieved mine one week ago as brand new.
I'd swap it for another brand new one
Old 03-17-2009, 06:30 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile
Threadstarter

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
what's your build date? also, have you tweaked or hacked it? they seem to run alot better once they've been hacked.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

wjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to wjrandon Send a message via Yahoo to wjrandon

My device was manufactured on Dec 15, 2008 - It's actually my third Touch Pro and I'm convinced it has something to do with the way HTC designed the chip set. My Apache, Mogul, and Touch Pro have all over heated when running the radio to long, especially on extremely long car trips.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:15 PM
Account Disabled
Threadstarter

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level

it seems the january and later builds don't get as hot. mine is 1/17/09 and it doesn't get hot. but i did tweak the heck outta it!
Old 03-17-2009, 07:47 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

The Manufacture's Date on my Touch Pro is 1/12/2009.

It's my 2nd, first had broken WiFi. But even that was a January build and had no heat issues.

Mine has been tweaked up a bit, but still using the stock Sprint ROM.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:51 PM
Account Disabled
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by darnell View Post

Mine has been tweaked up a bit, but still using the stock Sprint ROM.
ditto!
Old 03-17-2009, 08:17 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

zalozhed is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr8820 View Post
what's your build date? also, have you tweaked or hacked it? they seem to run alot better once they've been hacked.
According to the stamp on a back of the battery cover it is 02/16/09. I'm using a stock ROM with no tweaking at all. The only specific thing is - I started usign a spare battery first when received this phone.

Another thing to notice - i'm heavely using a live stream through TCPMP and that when it happens.

Last edited by zalozhed; 03-17-2009 at 08:19 PM.
Old 03-17-2009, 08:22 PM
Account Disabled
Threadstarter

Quote:
According to the stamp on a back of the battery cover it is 02/16/09. .
go to your dial pad and press ##786# and there's the manufacture date.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro