PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   WMWiFiRouter and ActiveSync (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=47328)

bahl85 12-02-2008 12:00 AM

WMWiFiRouter and ActiveSync

Hi -

I have wmwifirouter on my Touch Pro, and when I plug it into my computer, it does not do anything as far as ActiveSync goes.

Each time I want to sync my Touch Pro to my computer, I have to open wmwifirouter, then go to options>tools>USB>Switch mode. After having the first screen set to the Rndis USB mode, I have to always switch it from Internet Sharing to ActiveSync.

Is there a way to get around this? Are my settings off? :scratch:

Any help would be great!

HBOOT 12-02-2008 12:20 AM

Re: WMWiFiRouter and ActiveSync

HEy Bahl ,what are you trying to accomplish exactly? wimowifirouter is used to tether your laptop and you can do so wirelessly...are you trying to just sync your TP?

bahl85 12-02-2008 12:24 AM

Exactly. I just want to be able to Sync my phone to my computer as normal (ie, backing up contacts, calendar, etc...)

HBOOT 12-04-2008 12:31 AM

Ok man, you do not need WWIFIROUTER to do that, you will need to download active sync for XP , Vista has a built in one that may need to be upgraded (free) depending on what version you have. Let meknow if you have any trouble .

micro254 12-04-2008 01:09 AM

u think the guy above me is right i have vista @work and xp at home on my mac and i had the same problem till i updated

bahl85 12-04-2008 01:17 AM

Hey -

I actually already have the Device Center (version 6.1) on my machine. I can already connect to it and back everything up, but my computer and phone do not do it automatically.

Each time that I want to back up my phone through the Windows Mobile Device Center's USB port, I have to go to wmwifirouter and change the settings.

It makes it annoying bc I can plug in my phone to my PC and it will change but wont sync until I change the settings. Backing up my phone is not an issue - just the default of wmwifirouter not allowing me do it automatically is the case at hand.

Thanks!!

No1ustad 12-04-2008 01:21 AM

well are you trying to backup? becuase if so, i'd suggest you get PIM backup or backup via a program like dashwire (wireless backup) becuase if ur using wmwifirouter i'm assuming you have a data plan anyway.

p.s. awww, he's so new. :) Welcome to the site!

bahl85 12-04-2008 01:21 AM

I actually figured out the way to do it through Bluetooth. Not as fast of a transfer - but it works and is pretty simple...

bahl85 12-04-2008 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by No1ustad (Post 558614)
p.s. awww, he's so new. :) Welcome to the site!

VERY VERY new... haha.

It's my first Pocket PC and I'm stoked about it -- just want things to work perfectly, which I know isn't ideal... but I'm getting used to it!!

=D>

No1ustad 12-04-2008 03:14 AM

That's good. but a forewarning, if you're on this site, you're destined to always be tinkering with it, by the time it's perfect a new device will be out and it'll begin all over again. lol