PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2008, 07:40 PM
VIP & Master of my Domain
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g
Carrier: Sprint

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Volume Buttons not working right

I no longer have volume control. If I press the volume up or down buttons on the side of the TP, they act like an up or down rather than a volume control.

I'm trying to narrow down what tweak or program caused this behavior. At first I thought it was AE Button Plus, but after a hard reset I didn't install this and got the behavior again. I think it might be the Diamond tweak utility.

Has anyone else run into this? Anyone have a possible fix?

EDIT: Didn't narrow it down to a specific app, but I suspect its something in the Diamond Tweak app. I've hard reset and left that app out and I don't have the issues now.

Last edited by stroths; 10-30-2008 at 06:53 AM.
Old 10-27-2008, 07:43 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Volume Buttons not working right

theres some app. thats causing this. damm, icant think what it was. you install anything new?
Old 10-27-2008, 07:44 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

I seem to recall there being something in the DiamondTweak utility specifically related to the volume control. There's something that adjusts the volume utility to the standard Windows bubble instead of the HTC one (and it changes it by default, so I had to change it back to HTC), so perhaps that's related?
Old 10-27-2008, 07:54 PM
VIP & Master of my Domain
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g
Threadstarter

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
theres some app. thats causing this. damm, icant think what it was. you install anything new?
Most of the stuff I have manually installed worked fine on my Mogul. The Diamond Tweak is the only thing new I can think of. On my wife's TP, I installed Diamond Tweak and a few other minor things (Audiopara3.csv, disable sent message notifications). Hers is doing the same thing.

I'm pretty sure something in the Diamond tweak is doing it.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Katahdin is just getting started

I am having this same problem. Trying to figure out now what caused it.
Old 11-10-2008, 02:19 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro
Carrier: sprint

madhat420bx is a n00b

My volume buttons just stopped working tonight, and at the same time, the hardware keyboard is not working. WTF? Just happened out of the blue, and the phone was not dropped or any sort of damage
Old 12-01-2008, 03:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Stock)

matthew23 is becoming a great contributor

my volume buttons stopped working. any solution? I do have diamond tweak installed but haven't used it much....
Old 12-01-2008, 03:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Pro

CareTake12 is keeping up the good workCareTake12 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroths View Post
I no longer have volume control. If I press the volume up or down buttons on the side of the TP, they act like an up or down rather than a volume control.

I'm trying to narrow down what tweak or program caused this behavior. At first I thought it was AE Button Plus, but after a hard reset I didn't install this and got the behavior again. I think it might be the Diamond tweak utility.

EDIT: Didn't narrow it down to a specific app, but I suspect its something in the Diamond Tweak app. I've hard reset and left that app out and I don't have the issues now.

Install the AEButton on your storage card and it should fix the problem. Make AEbutton control the volume.
Old 12-01-2008, 04:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

lalord69 is a n00b

Quote:

take a look at my post, it might fix ur issue
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=47252

Quote:
Some said that it was an issue with s2u2 but i uninstalled it and nothing, i also made sure on s2u2 that the setting for the option "dont use keyboard hook" is set to ON .
Quote:
for Volume Control i selected "ON" and (as you mentioned) for Don't Use KeyBoard Hook i selected "ON". i can now change the volume with the side buttons both during a call and in "non-call" mode for lack of a better term .
Old 12-01-2008, 11:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: sprint

bnisel is a n00b

I did the fix in Slide to unlock and it worked like a charm. Go into slide's settings and change volume control to on and don't use keyboard hook to on.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro