PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2008, 01:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

webazoid is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
would u rather have a qvga than a vga tp?

am i the only one who thinks having a qvga touch pro would be better? i mean, it's a 2.8" screen. w/ 640x480 pixels, it just makes the cpu work harder to support it. web pages slower. compare w/ the iphone which has less resolution (i think) but loads pages really fast.
Old 12-01-2008, 02:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic, Evo, TP2
Carrier: Sprint

TheMostToys is keeping up the good workTheMostToys is keeping up the good work
Re: would u rather have a qvga than a vga tp?

No way, the higher the resolution the better. Memory and the VGA screen were the two primary reasons I upgraded from the Mogul.
Old 12-01-2008, 02:07 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Absolutely no! Vga is soooo much better. Its funny because I have been using the Pro for over 3 weeks now and I got used to the super sharp lcd screen. Then just over the weekend I met up with my friend that has a iphone and I could not believe how grainy his screen looked! It looked like a qvga screen compasred to the pros super shark smooth vga. You must admit.. us Pro users are very lucky to have this Pro since I think it is the only ppc with a 640 by 480 res.
Old 12-01-2008, 02:08 PM
CyanogenMod
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S IV
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

LilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to LilRico Send a message via MSN to LilRico

Quote:
Originally Posted by webazoid View Post
am i the only one who thinks having a qvga touch pro would be better? i mean, it's a 2.8" screen. w/ 640x480 pixels, it just makes the cpu work harder to support it. web pages slower. compare w/ the iphone which has less resolution (i think) but loads pages really fast.
The webpage’s pages loading slow has to do with the software (saying you have a good signal strength). Just try skyfire and you will see a vast improvement over Opera no matter what version of Opera you use. I for one think the 640x480 resolution is long over due... In time as software continues to get tweaked and improved, the bog down and slowdowns you experience will go away.
Old 12-01-2008, 02:10 PM
Noob
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Baffles

I would not go back to QVGA after seeing the VGA light. CPU doesn't work that much harder either, unless you're doing something intense like 3D rendering. Throwing a higher res screen on your desktop computer doesn't make your CPU work an harder, it just puts a higher load on the GPU when doing graphics intensive stuff like playing games.

baf.cc | GPS Toggler | Touch Pro Essentials | Got MSL?
Donations are accepted and greatly appreciated.
Old 12-01-2008, 02:20 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & Diamond

SporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by webazoid View Post
Even if it has to work harder it has the horsepower and memory to do it.

What really needs an overhaul is the windows mobile OS. Although they hit the mark as far as customization and user control, they missed the mark on responsiveness and UI.

It's too bad too... because right now some of your other Mobile based OS's are gaining ground....especially the Iphone. If Microsoft rests on its laurels then it wont be long before the Iphone is more than just a pretty toy.
Phones: Motorola MicroTAC 650E, Qualcomm/Kyocera QCP 860, Sanyo SCP-4700, Sanyo SCP-4900, Samsung A500, Sanyo MM-7400, Sanyo MM-7500, Samsung APH A900M, LG Fusic, LG Musiq, HTC Apache, Palm Centro, Samsung Rant, HTC Mogul, HTC Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Touch Pro 2. Samsung Moment, HTC Evo 4G
Old 12-01-2008, 02:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

JickBahTech is keeping up the good workJickBahTech is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Skype™ to JickBahTech

Nope.
I've been wanting VGA on a phone since my old Tosh e800.
Old 12-01-2008, 02:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo

subhumanderelict is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsubhumanderelict is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsubhumanderelict is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsubhumanderelict is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to subhumanderelict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exil3d View Post
You must admit.. us Pro users are very lucky to have this Pro since I think it is the only ppc with a 640 by 480 res.
We are really lucky, but we're not the only ones. E-TEN released a smartphone last year with a VGA screen. HTC also released a couple other phones in the past which featured VGA (Athena and Universal). I believe Asus either just released or is about to release a VGA smartphone.

I will say that I think the Pro is the first sexy VGA smartphone I've seen.

Old 12-01-2008, 02:31 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

gobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

vga was one of the biggest selling factors for me, id never give it up on this phone, id rather get another phone
Old 12-01-2008, 02:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo

jimd144 is keeping up the good workjimd144 is keeping up the good work

The screen is too small for me to see with that resolution. I can view the iphone with no reading glasses. I have to put on glasses to see the Touch. When you are over 40 you will see (or not see) what I am talking about.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro