PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   TouchPro fun at Spint offices (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=47320)

remlle 12-01-2008 11:13 PM

TouchPro fun at Spint offices

Well cancel this message i guess I thought it was cooler then it was. thanks Milhouse and Munnarg

MILH0U5E 12-01-2008 11:14 PM

Re: TouchPro fun at Spint offices

WOW, you are SO COOL.

munnarg 12-01-2008 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by remlle (Post 553739)
I messed up my phone today by dropping it. scratched the heck otu of it and lost my stylus. I thought. hmm Ill "brick" it and make it not boot by loading a bad rom to it and taking it in. Ive done this with moguls and other phones and it works. today they said they dint have any more because they were backordered everywhere and didnt know when they would get more in. I was a miffed. then they said well we would usually just reload the software but it hasnt been released yet. I said it hasnt? well I have it right here. and handed them a memory stick with the EXE on it from this site. they were amazed. but could not get it to work so then they gave me a demo unit they had in a glass cabnet that had never been turned on or used. box and everything. then gave me back the bricked phone as well. said if you think you can fix it then here fix it. if you can then you can keep it. so I whipped out my laptop and loaded the EXE from here. it worked like a charm. so I got 2 pros for the cost of the one. kinda funny story. took 2 hours to get it all figured out but got it going.
guy offered me a tech job.

Lame...

Baffles 12-01-2008 11:30 PM

If I were in the store I would have told you to drag your *** and fix your own phone and stop wasting my time if you knew how to fix it all along.

BigDiesel07 12-01-2008 11:56 PM

Integrity?

amw1972 12-01-2008 11:58 PM

Ingenuity...and opportunistic ;)

SprintTouch08 12-01-2008 11:59 PM

Ya I wouldnt offer anyone trying to commit fraud any kind of job or anything free which is what you did purposely bricking a phone. But way to leech off others hard work to from. Integrity + morals missing big time.

micro254 12-02-2008 12:00 AM

shame shame shame is this what the world has come too :angry7:. braking on purpose. ahhhhhhhh :angry7:

SprintTouch08 12-02-2008 12:01 AM

and people wonder why our deductibles and insurance costs keep going up on our phones, thanks to dishonest people like this.

[sammich] 12-02-2008 12:04 AM

Ahh... some people have different sense of humor. But I see where you would find it funny.

In the future, try to keep the insurance fraud to a minimum :wink: