PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2008, 02:53 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
APP IDEA (freaky one too)

Ok, this came to me as I was holding my phone upright on a level of Teeter... The phone's sound was off, and it was vibrating in the same pattern as a heart beat because of the way the ball was hitting a wall before falling into the hole.

Then it hit me: What if we could give our phones a pulse. When it's not doing anything, or CPU usage is under a certain %, it could be off, or just beating like a normal person's pulse, and when CPU utilization rose, the pace would rise as well. So when your phone is busy unzipping a file or recording a video, it's "heart rate" would increase.

Completely pointless, of course, but I've seen even more pointless programs before.
Old 12-02-2008, 02:55 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: APP IDEA (freaky one too)

nice idea... yes pointless but you're right in that worse ideas have been suggested lol...

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 12-02-2008, 02:55 PM
Geek'n it Up
Pocket PC: xv6700 >> xv6800 >> BB Storm
Carrier: Red Devil Verizon

Lylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Lylej2k

I could see that getting annoying after a bit, but it would be a nifty wow factor type of app
Don't forget to hit the

Old 12-02-2008, 02:57 PM
i like turtles
Threadstarter

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

yeah, like in resting it would be like 65ms_35ms......65ms_35ms......65ms_35ms......, then as it got faster it would turn to like 50ms_25ms...50ms_25ms...50ms_25ms...
Old 12-02-2008, 03:05 PM
Geek'n it Up
Pocket PC: xv6700 >> xv6800 >> BB Storm
Carrier: Red Devil Verizon

Lylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Lylej2k

Doesn't seem like it would be that hard to develop either. There are already programs to monitor the CPU speed and programs to control the vibe. ie touch response. We just need a way to link them.
Old 12-02-2008, 03:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: P100EWW
Carrier: Sprint

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff

You could modify the "pulse," to be something much less annoying--say once a minute, (for like a 2ms pulse,) and then when it starts getting over a certain load, you could have it pulse LONGER, (or with a shorter time gap,) but a true heartbeat-style pulse would get annoying real quick.

I could see a variation of this program being fairly useful. To remind you that you left open a lot of programs that could drain your battery/etc.

I know we can control the vibration motor pretty precisely, (at least time-wise,) so it doesn't seem like it would be all that hard to barely move the motor, so it feels less of a vibration, and more of a subtle
Old 12-02-2008, 03:19 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

lol.. It sure would scare somebody who picks up your phone for it to vibrate like that.. Actually not a bad idea... And just curious.. What are these "worse apps" you speak of?
Old 12-02-2008, 03:22 PM
i like turtles
Threadstarter

I once saw an iphone app that cost 1000 bucks once and it was just a picture of a red gem! LOL.
Old 12-02-2008, 03:25 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post
I once saw an iphone app that cost 1000 bucks once and it was just a picture of a red gem! LOL.
haha.. Yeah, I heard about that too.. It's the one that Apple took down, isn't it? Any WM apps?
Old 12-02-2008, 03:25 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: P100EWW

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff

I could see an idea like this to use as an "alarm."

You could test your friends/significant other/family/etc and see if they look at your messages/etc...

Use the accelerometer/light sensors to detect when the phone has been picked up, and start vibrating and making a deafening alarm noise... only to be unlocked with a special code/pattern/etc.

I would love a program like that, because it would teach people to respect your privacy. Plus it would be outright fun.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro