PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2008, 10:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

tt C6 is keeping up the good worktt C6 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Keeps "send"-ing texts while I'm still typing them on pull-out keyboard? Cause? Fix?

I'm ashamed to post this, but I can't figure out what's happening.

When I'm in the middle of typing a text on the pull out keyboard, my text will be "sent" mid sentence.
I have looked/played with the keyboard to try to figure it out. But, I'm stumped.

2nd texting issue:
In the middle of typing and I will be kicked out of text message back to the "Text Message" home page. The message I was working on can then be found in drafts. I was pressing the ""FN" and the number "8" buttons at the same time to make the "&" the last time it happened. When I tried to duplicate the event, the message was "sent" instead.

I think both errors have something to do with the "SHIFT", "CTRL", and "FN" buttons that are all together in the bottom left. I am usually pressing one of them when the error occurs.

Please tell me that I'm an idiot and there is something obvious that I am missing.

Thanks.

Last edited by tt C6; 12-01-2008 at 11:27 PM.
Old 12-01-2008, 11:38 PM
mabru2001

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: Keeps "send"-ing texts while I'm still typing them on pull-out keyboard? Cause? F

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt C6 View Post
I'm ashamed to post this, but I can't figure out what's happening.

When I'm in the middle of typing a text on the pull out keyboard, my text will be "sent" mid sentence.
I have looked/played with the keyboard to try to figure it out. But, I'm stumped.

2nd texting issue:
In the middle of typing and I will be kicked out of text message back to the "Text Message" home page. The message I was working on can then be found in drafts. I was pressing the ""FN" and the number "8" buttons at the same time to make the "&" the last time it happened. When I tried to duplicate the event, the message was "sent" instead.

I think both errors have something to do with the "SHIFT", "CTRL", and "FN" buttons that are all together in the bottom left. I am usually pressing one of them when the error occurs.

Please tell me that I'm an idiot and there is something obvious that I am missing.

Thanks.
You Idiot! Jk

I know why you get kicked back to the message window at least. There is a TXT button right next to the FN button. You must be hitting it somehow or your keys are being pressed together. Do you have fat fingers?

As for the automatically sending I cant seem to reproduce it on mine. I suggest if it happens more than once in awhile then take it into the big S.
Old 12-01-2008, 11:58 PM
caddieguy02

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: Keeps "send"-ing texts while I'm still typing them on pull-out keyboard? Cause? F

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabru2001 View Post
Do you have fat fingers?

LMAO
Old 12-05-2008, 07:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

tt C6 is keeping up the good worktt C6 is keeping up the good work

to the top
Old 12-05-2008, 07:49 PM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!
Carrier: Sprint

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

There's your problem! Dont press FN and 8 (or any other number) at the same time! press FN, release, then 8. There's a little light at top of KB to let you know the FN button has been pressed.

Last edited by gator352; 12-05-2008 at 07:54 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro