PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   MS Voice Command bugs (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=47310)

ramborami 12-01-2008 09:54 PM

MS Voice Command bugs

Everything works fine in my MS Voice Command EXCEPT: Announcing Incoming calls on Bluetooth.
Anybody else have this issue?

I have MS Voice Command: v.1.6.19972

I have the VZ TP XV6850

Thanks,
Rambo

ramborami 12-01-2008 10:06 PM

Re: MS Voice Command bugs

Found a solution on PDAPHONEHOME & XDA...
This is what I had to do to get Incoming Call Name Notification from MS Voice Command on Bluetooth headset:

Edit this registry key:
HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\TTSAnnounce\Category
Change from VoiceCommand1 to Ring

no need to reboot.

This was the original text:
------------------------------

With this fix - the ring tone will play for a second and then be cut off by the call announcement. The announcement will be at a lower volume. The announcement will repeat - the ring tone will not be played again.

NOTE THAT YOU SHOULD ATTEMPT THIS FIX ONLY IF YOU ARE COMFORTABLE IN UPDATING YOUR REGISTRY.

Change the following registry keys:

HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\TTSAnnounce\Category
change from VoiceCommand1 to Ring

HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\TTSAnnounce\Script
change from as5p to v0p (that's v-zero-p) - for vibrate & ring, or p (ring only)

The above fix seems to get the announcements reliably, and doesn't break the set vibrate/set ringer features in the TF3D interface.

Hopefully we can find a better solution - that will restore the full functionality of Voice Command incoming call announcements - and not need this hack.

Another option is to manually overwrite the ringtone file name:

HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\RingTone0\Sound
change to \Application Data\Volatile\TTSCallerID.wav

This fix replaces the ringtone with the call announcement - and at full volume.

BUT this solution has several problems, including breaking the set vibrate/set ringer feature in TF3D.

--------------------------

briandmiller 01-06-2009 01:20 PM

Thanks so much for this. I have spent so many hours talking to tech support about this issue with both verizon data support and HTC support. Now in less than 5 minutes here I found the answer, implemented it and tested to work great!

HBOOT 01-06-2009 02:19 PM

This is why thhis isnt called HTC or Verizon,havent you noticed:)This is ppcgeeks. That is a known issue w/ VC.The tweak somehow renders volume low. Report back on ur experience

sportster44 01-06-2009 09:50 PM

Going to give this a try as well.
Funny thing was that VC in the kitchen for my Apache announced calls perfectly, Now I need a hack.

Thanks!

ramborami 01-07-2009 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by briandmiller (Post 621542)
Thanks so much for this. I have spent so many hours talking to tech support about this issue with both verizon data support and HTC support. Now in less than 5 minutes here I found the answer, implemented it and tested to work great!

Awesome, glad it worked for you. Yeah it was such a simple fix to do.
VC now announces just fine about 98% of the time on bluetooth.
I'm using a BlueAnt Z9i earpiece w/ v1.1 firmware. The sound is Loud and Clear.

ramborami 01-07-2009 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hbenz2008 (Post 621682)
This is why thhis isnt called HTC or Verizon,havent you noticed:)This is ppcgeeks. That is a known issue w/ VC.The tweak somehow renders volume low. Report back on ur experience

I just tried it with my ancient Motorola H500 earpiece, you're right it was kinda quiet. I recommend getting a Jawbone or BlueAnt, they are the loudest & best.

WhiteBlazer01 01-07-2009 03:40 AM

So just to be sure I understand, this makes the phone itself ring, while announcing the caller's id in the bluetooth headset? If I'm mistaken, please let me know what this does, and what the problem is that it's solving. The *only* problem I've notice with Voice Command is that the ringer *and* announcement gets sent to the bluetooth headset - which I don't always have in my ear.

sportster44 01-07-2009 09:04 PM

Worked great! Thanks again.

bigchris 01-07-2009 09:32 PM

Thanks a lot for posting this, I just got the pro a few days ago and was going crazy trying to figure this out and spent hrs looking for a solution online, but couldn't find it. IT WORKS GREAT NOW... THANKS AGAIN.....=D>