PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Adventure and Role playing games on the Touch Pro? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=47292)

profroopchan 12-01-2008 07:06 PM

Adventure and Role playing games on the Touch Pro?

I have tried to play a few demo adventure and role playing games on my Touch Pro, however I am having trouble figuring out controls for these games specifically for the Touch Pro.

So far, I have tried:
Laura Craft Tomb Raider
Doom
Fade

I have no idea how to get the menu to come up to configure the settings and controls on the Touch Pro. The manual for Tomb Raider says that I need to press "esc" to bring up the menu, but I do not have a "esc" key on my keyboard. I tried configuring AEButton to use one of my buttons to work as "esc" however it does not work. Is this a common problem with Windows Mobile or is this just a problem with the Touch Pro?

[sammich] 12-01-2008 07:16 PM

Re: Adventure and Role playing games on the Touch Pro?

Quote:

Originally Posted by profroopchan (Post 553237)
I have tried to play a few demo adventure and role playing games on my Touch Pro, however I am having trouble figuring out controls for these games specifically for the Touch Pro.

So far, I have tried:
Laura Craft Tomb Raider
Doom
Fade

I have no idea how to get the menu to come up to configure the settings and controls on the Touch Pro. The manual for Tomb Raider says that I need to press "esc" to bring up the menu, but I do not have a "esc" key on my keyboard. I tried configuring AEButton to use one of my buttons to work as "esc" however it does not work. Is this a common problem with Windows Mobile or is this just a problem with the Touch Pro?

I love tomb raider!
But since I started the game, I can't get back to the main menu.

It's a TP thing, because HTC always seems to find a way to map the buttons differently.

mdphoenix 12-01-2008 07:36 PM

Nethack

lexluthor 12-01-2008 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdphoenix (Post 553288)
Nethack

Can you post a link to a decent version of nethack?

Is this the only one?

http://www.nethack.org/v343/ports/download-wince.html

profroopchan 12-02-2008 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdphoenix (Post 553288)
Nethack

What is Nethack? What does it do? How does it work?

mdphoenix 12-02-2008 11:34 AM

Nethack was originally an ASCII based adventure game. Anyone remember the days of bulletin board systems and an adventure game called "Arena" or "LoRD (Legend of the Red Dragon)"? Similar games.
Anyway, yeah. I show http://www.nethack.org/v343/ports/do...wince.html#ppc as being the latest version. It mentions the xv6800, so it can't be THAT old. I used to play on the 6700. It's entertaining when you're bored.

Looks like the PC version is getting better....

profroopchan 12-02-2008 01:47 PM

Okay. Got you now.... But I am still stuck that all my games, I can not control them correctly. I do not know how to configure the keys.

FatFrosty 12-02-2008 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saumaun (Post 553257)
I love tomb raider!
But since I started the game, I can't get back to the main menu.

It's a TP thing, because HTC always seems to find a way to map the buttons differently.

I've gotten tomg raider to work but not how everybody wants it.Always start the game with the keyboard already out.first time starting the program, change the settings to flip the opposite way; so that it's orientated with the bottom to the keys.when the game is started, the keyboard won't work for somereason. press the home hardware button to go to today screen and then use the task manager to get back in the game. once back in, the controls are on the left side of the keyboard. (q,w,a,s,z,x) I haven't played in a bit so i don't remember which key does which. the arrows on the keyboard move lara.The only kicker is the arrows are rotated 90 degrees so the right key moves her forward and so on.I typed this up on my tp during a spare minute so excuse mistakes.

[sammich] 12-02-2008 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FatFrosty (Post 555292)
I've gotten tomg raider to work but not how everybody wants it.Always start the game with the keyboard already out.first time starting the program, change the settings to flip the opposite way; so that it's orientated with the bottom to the keys.when the game is started, the keyboard won't work for somereason. press the home hardware button to go to today screen and then use the task manager to get back in the game. once back in, the controls are on the left side of the keyboard. (q,w,a,s,z,x) I haven't played in a bit so i don't remember which key does which. the arrows on the keyboard move lara.The only kicker is the arrows are rotated 90 degrees so the right key moves her forward and so on.I typed this up on my tp during a spare minute so excuse mistakes.

I did notice that the arrows were rotated 90 on the keyboard, but thanks for the rest of the info!