PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2008, 03:39 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO
Carrier: Sprint PCS

04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Red face First Post Need some help...

Ok I admit it I am a complete PPC newb, I just got my first one, the HTC TP on Sunday, and let me tell you it has been great so far, but I want to make it even better...

First off I have searched, a lot, so please don't flame me, if you would like to point me to a thread that would be helpful, feel free, I can research more on my own...

Roms, cooking, baked, kitchens, cabs,TF3.0, TF3D...

A Rom is like your OS right, and in order to load it you have to unlock and flash your phone, OK.....Cooking, baked, kithcen, are all terms I can look up later but they involve making your own rom? I don't think I am quite up for that...yet

Cabs, so these are the easy way out? Ok still confused about these, do these just basically do the changes for you?

I am thinking about installing Goodthings2Life TP clean up cab but I know I will want more than that...

I want the clear flip clock, a new font, and his clean up that has the audio booster file.

Can I do all of that through installing cabs?

Most importantly I want this to be quick and stable, and if I could improve battery life to that would be great!

I am open for anything, even if that means customizing my own, but I need some help, like I said I am a complete newb, I just need a more solid grasp of the information, so if you can help, please post, if nothing else links to threads that have great information would be awesome, Thanks!
Old 12-18-2008, 03:46 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: First Post Need some help...

try this, http://letmegooglethatforyou.com/ your answers are all in the touch pro forums. clocks, cabs, roms how to, how not to. touch pro essentials. its all here, look around.
Old 12-18-2008, 03:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo
Carrier: Sprint

jimd144 is keeping up the good workjimd144 is keeping up the good work

Slow down and take your time!
You don't need to flash(brick) your phone tonight!
Old 12-18-2008, 03:49 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

cabs are installation files.... they install programs. ROMS wipe your phone clean and put on the wm tweaked and with added programs. chefs are the people that make roms kitchens are the programs that make roms. you can read all about flashing here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=43266
I also recomend looking over this thread for tweaks http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42730

here is a good thread for touchflo 3d themes and tweaks http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=436867

Also remember all tweaks and programs and contacts will be lost when you flash or hard reset. i reccomend using a program called pim backup to backup contacts and appointments and messages.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-18-2008, 03:50 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimd144 View Post
Slow down and take your time!
You don't need to flash(brick) your phone tonight!
+1 Lol one jumbo first post. my head was spinning.
Old 12-18-2008, 03:51 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

blazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blazinazn

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04orgzx6r View Post
Ok I admit it I am a complete PPC newb, I just got my first one, the HTC TP on Sunday, and let me tell you it has been great so far, but I want to make it even better...

First off I have searched, a lot, so please don't flame me, if you would like to point me to a thread that would be helpful, feel free, I can research more on my own...

Roms, cooking, baked, kitchens, cabs,TF3.0, TF3D...

A Rom is like your OS right, and in order to load it you have to unlock and flash your phone, OK.....Cooking, baked, kithcen, are all terms I can look up later but they involve making your own rom? I don't think I am quite up for that...yet

Cabs, so these are the easy way out? Ok still confused about these, do these just basically do the changes for you?

I am thinking about installing Goodthings2Life TP clean up cab but I know I will want more than that...

I want the clear flip clock, a new font, and his clean up that has the audio booster file.

Can I do all of that through installing cabs?

Most importantly I want this to be quick and stable, and if I could improve battery life to that would be great!

I am open for anything, even if that means customizing my own, but I need some help, like I said I am a complete newb, I just need a more solid grasp of the information, so if you can help, please post, if nothing else links to threads that have great information would be awesome, Thanks!
Kitchen, Cooks, baked, chefs etc deal with creating your own ROM's yes. Chefs are the creators, you create the ROM or "bake" them. Kitchen refers to the tools they use.

Some people use .cabs because they are uncomfortable with going into the registry and doing it themselves. Check out the essentials thread, it's stickied.

You should be able to find pretty much anything you need around here. Lots of knowledge, all you need is the time and patience to learn.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro