PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2008, 11:53 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

gobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Dissapointing gaming (video drivers COULD make it better!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmartburrito View Post
At least it's an improvement over the Titan right? Or is it?

I'm really hoping we get Android on the TP, it should make a difference, right? I mean, it uses OpenGL rather than Direct Draw, and the G1 doesn't seem to have issues fully rendering nicely using that.
Yeah, im starting to put alot of hope in android, but dont forget, google is like microsoft on those parts, they arent making the drivers, htc is. Htc made all the g1 drivers so dont expect something out of the ordinary to happen.

And the titan had virtually nothing when it came to driver performance, its not hard to improve on nothing. Its 400mhz processor couldnt run videos better than its competitors. In all honesty, im not even going to risk this same problem in my next device. HTC seems to be the dominant cellular winmo maker right now (US), so i dont have much choice, but next phone i buy will more than likely not be HTC or atleast htc+qualcomm. Im not sure which one of them is making things difficult, but someone doesnt care whether our phones can run 640*480 video without taking massive encoding hits.

Ive heard that the x1 runs video better, but i havent seen anything personally... still, im willing to put my money on the x1 drivers being better than the htc ones.
Old 12-02-2008, 12:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Sprint SERO

houdini is keeping up the good workhoudini is keeping up the good work

Not sure if these are really new or what but I installed them on my sprint touch pro and it worked fine. Don't think I notice much of a difference between these and Juggalos rom for sprint tp but it may be worth a try.

article: http://www.fuzemobility.com/?p=1116

ati d3d drivers from diamond:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=357

hologram program from diamond to check fps - remember the key is to hold thumb on center button when tilting and also use thumb around ring for zooming:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...6&d=1222360760
Old 12-02-2008, 01:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

AndyCR512 is becoming a great contributor

I'm doing OpenGL programming for the phone. It's definitely hardware accelerated. The included drivers are fine.

Note these videos and the difference between them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-Z9K0BHSL8 (No hardware T&L)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-l0tBuAaqI (Hardware T&L)

The VGA resolution is really something to keep in mind. It takes 4 times the processing power to render to a VGA display than it does to a QVGA display.

Last edited by AndyCR512; 12-02-2008 at 01:06 PM.
Old 12-02-2008, 01:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul and Touch Pro

mdodge is keeping up the good workmdodge is keeping up the good workmdodge is keeping up the good work

dont know about the rest but i'm getting 25fps without adding those drivers. mines a custom rom from stock build with increased page pool. thats it
Old 12-02-2008, 02:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Just an update to my post above. The d3d drivers that juggalo is using in his rom are htc beta drivers so they are probably better than the drivers I posted above.
Old 12-02-2008, 02:06 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

Well I just installed the drivers from the previous post (Diamond Ati d3d driver.cab) and I'm attempting to run a few games. I've got an airplane stunt game that should run better. I'll report back soon (at work)

edit: no difference in game. Perhaps the drivers we have really are about as good as it can get on the TP or perhaps the game doesn't use d3d? I do notice my tf3d interface is a tad bit more responsive

edit again: I remember a while back the hologram program not working at all. After installing these drivers, setting smoothness and tilt to max, and holding my thumb on the circle button at the bottom (don't press it, just hold your thumb on it) it works as everyone else's does (25 fps)

So now it's not a matter of if these drivers make a difference, but rather, what other games use D3D?

Last edited by chronster; 12-02-2008 at 02:31 PM.
Old 12-02-2008, 05:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

pretty sure the beta d3d drivers that Juggalo has in his rom are the best there is right now. If you're in to flashing try his rom...I love it.
Old 12-02-2008, 07:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

adz1966 is keeping up the good workadz1966 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to adz1966 Send a message via Skype™ to adz1966

Chronster,What's the stunt airplane game your using? I've been looking for something like that.(sorry all, for the off-topic post)
Old 12-02-2008, 07:40 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

its some demo called g-stunt something. I erased it after this driver failed to make it run ok. It looked like crap and ran even worse. Not worth your time.
Old 12-02-2008, 07:47 PM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty

I am getting 50fps on my touch pro using the Diamond Hologram app. This only happens if I hold my finger on the center button of the dpad. Not pressing it, but placing it there like how you make the camera focus.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro