PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2008, 02:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: would u rather have a qvga than a vga tp?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exil3d View Post
Then just over the weekend I met up with my friend that has a iphone and I could not believe how grainy his screen looked! .
LOL, I just did exactly the same thing.

My Sister & her kids where in town for Thanksgiving & her son has an iphone.

I have always been jealous of that big beautiful (I thought) screen. When I told him the TP was VGA, he said BFD lets do an A/B comparison & see if it really makes any difference at all.

Both of us where somewhat amazed at the actual quality difference (lets just say I'm not jealous anymore). Running the two side by side displaying identical content, the difference was immediately apparent (much more than either of us suspected it would make)

~John
Old 12-01-2008, 02:38 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

no way.
upgrading to VGA makes me feel like i visited the Optometrist and got my prescription updated... everything's so crisp! if i have to go back to QVGA, i'll feel like i'm trying to read the eye chart without my contacts.
i'm loving the fact that i can read pages in Opera without even zooming in.
Old 12-01-2008, 02:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre too an Hero!
Carrier: Sprint

a1aone is just getting started

Vga is the best
Old 12-01-2008, 03:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

Mbai2 is keeping up the good workMbai2 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimd144 View Post
The screen is too small for me to see with that resolution. I can view the iphone with no reading glasses. I have to put on glasses to see the Touch. When you are over 40 you will see (or not see) what I am talking about.
Why don't you just make the system font size larger? Screen resolution should be independent from how big or small things are displayed on screen. It should only effect DPI and make things appear smoother. This isn't the case for most current OS's but future operating systems are going towards resolution independent display methods which should help.
Old 12-01-2008, 03:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

Mbai2 is keeping up the good workMbai2 is keeping up the good work

Insanity. I would never go back to QVGA and don't know why anyone would want to.
Old 12-01-2008, 04:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

speck is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
The screen is too small for me to see with that resolution. I can view the iphone with no reading glasses. I have to put on glasses to see the Touch. When you are over 40 you will see (or not see) what I am talking about.
Believe me Jim, I know what you are talking about! Even on my XP laptop (which I use almost exclusively and has a 14" screen) I sometimes have trouble making out details. But there I have a handy little utility - a 'virtual magnifying glass' - I'm on a hunt to find somthing similar for WM - and a touch version would be great.

If you've ever played DS Millionheir, I like the way you can move around a 'viewport' on the touchscreen with your finger. The scroll wheel zoom is ok, but a magnifying 'viewport' on the Pro you could move around and scroll with - I'd like that!
Old 12-01-2008, 04:18 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

mdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to mdphoenix Send a message via AIM to mdphoenix Send a message via MSN to mdphoenix Send a message via Yahoo to mdphoenix

No. I have a Dell Axim X5v that's been in my home for years. It was my primary PDA until I got a 6700 two years ago. Since then, I've been waiting for something like the Touch Pro so I could go back to VGA. I'm on the road a lot and need to remote into three servers at a moment's notice. This phone is SO much better at doing so. Every try RDC on the old QVGA display? It's horrific as you have to pan around so much.

Everything is better on the VGA screen. I'd never go back.

Hell, I even considered returning the TP for an Omnia until I read that it was QVGA.
Old 12-01-2008, 04:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (VZW)
Carrier: Verizon

FrozenIpaq is becoming a great contributor

Why would one ever want to downgrade the screen resolution on a portable device? Some complain about the difficulty to read some of the text at the given resolution of 640x480 on such a small screen - yes it will be difficult for some, but for most it will be a godsend. Not only can you see more, but you get a lot more detail with the same screen real estate. Being someone who has had a QVGA device for years, after a while QVGA just doesn't suffice if you want to: view large documents, view webpages or anything else dealing with a lot of content. Also WinMo looks much better on a VGA device than QVGA (Wisbar Advance 3 anyone?).

As someone looking for a new PPC I would only go with a VGA screen - no ifs ands or buts. The resolution of a QVGA screen won't suffice for a power user like myself and I really see no benefit in having a QVGA over VGA at all, kind of puzzled as to what prompted you to create this topic
Old 12-01-2008, 04:24 PM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

Quote:
so, what you're telling me is that when i'm 40, i'm not going to be able to use my cellphone? oh wait, by then, they'll have those implant things and i'll jsut be talking to myself.
Old 12-01-2008, 04:29 PM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

My two cents...DVD or BluRay...hmmmm

720p...or true 1080p highdef.......hmmmmm

yes, i'm a little miffed that the software is not catching up yet, but lets get real...why would one take a step backwards?

XP versus Vista does not count...it is an anomaly. Besides, it depends on who you talk to (I for one won't go back to XP...I love Vista)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro