PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Anyway to prevent cellular radio shutting off on low battery? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=47217)

Sim-X 12-01-2008 11:34 AM

Anyway to prevent cellular radio shutting off on low battery?

I did some searching and couldn't find an answer. I know the cell radio shuts off when the battery gets low but sometimes I don't notice it because I will check to see if the phone is on and won't notice the radio is off. I would much rather just have the phone shut off all together. Is there a way to disable the radio shutting off?

thx

Sim-X 12-01-2008 04:05 PM

Re: Anyway to prevent cellular radio shutting off on low battery?

:confused:

Sim-X 12-26-2008 12:49 PM

anyone???

WarChild 12-26-2008 12:51 PM

i have heard about this but my phone doesnt do this. you can try maybe making the polling rate larger for the batt.

TurboFool 12-26-2008 01:11 PM

Mine only does it within a minute or so of shutting the phone down anyway. So I can only assume if it didn't the phone would shut down that much sooner. Not sure there's a major benefit, but considering the phone's within seconds of shutting down as it is, it's really not an inconvenience.

WarChild 12-26-2008 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurboFool (Post 601264)
Mine only does it within a minute or so of shutting the phone down anyway. So I can only assume if it didn't the phone would shut down that much sooner. Not sure there's a major benefit, but considering the phone's within seconds of shutting down as it is, it's really not an inconvenience.

i would have to agree

LeoKnightas 12-26-2008 02:45 PM

That's +2

Sim-X 12-30-2008 01:04 PM

yea, I was just wondering I guess - It's easier to notice the phone off then just the radio.

z0rpr1m3 08-08-2011 06:54 PM

I'd love to know how/where to do this to fix a similar-ish problem.

I am having a battery-related problem (see this thread) for which would love to have a way to manipulate the WM power settings more than what the Control Panel applet thingy provides for.

Basically, I would like to disable the feature/function which shuts the radio and phone down when battery capacity status gets low. I have good batteries which my otherwise good Mogul cannot detect a status for (always detects any battery as 0% charged), and so it shuts down.

@WarChild: By polling rate, are you meaning the time before power off/backlight off? Or something similar to that? Or is there actually some setting somewhere under the hood which I might change to slow (or stop) the unit from polling the battery?

WarChild 08-08-2011 11:09 PM

wow, way to wake a dead thread.