PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Does the ring of light stop during charging? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=47196)

gpgorbosjr 12-01-2008 03:31 AM

Does the ring of light stop during charging?

Hey, I've been charging my Pro for a while now, and noticed that the light stopped going around in the circle. I never actually paid attention to the light before, and was wondering if it stops going around in a circle after a while?

When I take the cable out and put it back in it starts going around in the circle again for the same amount of time and then turning off.

Unknown Zone 12-01-2008 03:34 AM

Re: Does the ring of light stop during charging?

yup it will stay lit when fully charged

gpgorbosjr 12-01-2008 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unknown Zone (Post 552013)
yup it will stay lit when fully charged

Not my question. Does it continue to go around in a circle the WHOLE time it is charging?

darren.wlsn1 12-01-2008 03:38 AM

probably a heat issue. is the phone hot? is it even on? i use batti battery meter so i know when mine kills the charge because of heat when using phone and charging. little more info. would help. yes it stays lit.

gpgorbosjr 12-01-2008 03:40 AM

The phone is cold to the touch and off.

EDIT:

Took out battery, not as cold as phone, but def wouldn't describe it as hot. Going to turn the phone on and see how long it keeps charging.

dr g 12-01-2008 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gpgorbosjr (Post 552015)
Not my question. Does it continue to go around in a circle the WHOLE time it is charging?

The answer is yes (though it goes bottom to top, not in a circle), and when it is fully charged the whole circle stays lit.

darren.wlsn1 12-01-2008 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gpgorbosjr (Post 552020)
The phone is cold to the touch and off.

hmmm, try pulling the battery for a few min. then see if the problem persists. mines done this, but only once since first day i got it. change your phone info. also, just saw that.

gpgorbosjr 12-01-2008 03:48 AM

Turned phone on, and in the battery settings it has all the green bars fulled up, although I don't have a battery plugin so that could doesn't mean it HAS to be 100% I guess......still charging.

EDIT: Lit up once like it was fully charged, went blank, charging again. So I'm assuming it was a full charge and for whatever reason turned the light off instead of keeping it on in full.

Unknown Zone 12-01-2008 03:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gpgorbosjr (Post 552011)
.....was wondering if it stops going around in a circle after a while?

My answer was "Yup it stays lit when fully charged" am I missing something.

Now when you say..."it turns off" are your saying the light turns off or it stops lighting in circles, cause while charging it is either lighting in circles .....and lit when fully charged.

edit: ok you posted just after I post the response

gpgorbosjr 12-01-2008 03:55 AM

I don't care if the phone stops the charge because it gets too hot, but I'm worried the charge/usb port will just stop working like it did on my Mogul before 6 months even past. I don't have $7 a month to spend on insurance, and don't feel like having to get it replaced by HTC.