PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2008, 03:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul
Threadstarter

gpgorbosjr is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Does the ring of light stop during charging?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Zone View Post
My answer was "Yup it stays lit when fully charged" am I missing something.

Now when you say..."it turns off" are your saying the light turns off or it stops lighting in circles, cause while charging it is either lighting in circles .....and lit when fully charged.
You answered the question as you perceived it. Obviously the bad communication was on my end, so I'll take the blame, but that's what I meant, you didn't answer the question as I perceive it.

I know the following:

A) The light goes from down to up on the d-pad when charging.
B) The light stays lit when done charging.

But didn't know:

C) If the light turns of in between charging and being done charging.

My light is either turning off prematurely because it is:

A) Stopping the charge

or

B) Not staying lit when done charging.

Considering I turned on the phone and it seemed to have a full charge, as odd as it seems, the answer may be B. Considering that it has just charged from about 20%-100 and only turns off when it is fully charged.

EDIT: Sorry if I'm not coming through clearly, but it is 3 AM and my experiences with HTC are really making me re-consider me being a PPC person as much as I love all the features, I miss the reliability of a good handset.
Old 12-01-2008, 04:07 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EPIC
Carrier: Sprint

Unknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIP

that is ok the more info the better....was just wondering...have you mod the TP with a rom..etc...it might be a hack...that will turn "off the d-pad light" when fully charged, just a guess.
Don't just say "Thanks"....give
Old 12-01-2008, 04:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Zone View Post
that is ok the more info the better....was just wondering...have you mod the TP with a rom..etc...it might be a hack...that will turn "off the d-pad light" when fully charged, just a guess.
Nope stock rom. Haven't even installed any programs just because I didn't want to rock the boat for a while. I did use the cleanup cab located in the stickies section, but up until today the phone had been keeping the light on when the charge was complete. I've even put it on the charger at midnight some nights and woken up at 8 or 9 and the light was still on.
Old 12-01-2008, 04:15 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

when i charge the circle pad lights, but the flash of light goes real fast.(number of times it flashes) the closer to full charge the slower the flash. when im full charge, the circle stays lit. thats what i get.
Old 12-01-2008, 04:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Well, I need to go to sleep or I'll die at school tomorrow. I'll update what happens when I charge it tomorrow and can notice the problem while the charge is still low and not so close to full. If it charges for an hour and the light turns off then I guess my phone is just weird.
Old 12-01-2008, 04:18 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EPIC
Carrier: Sprint

Unknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIP

well you could do a hard reset just to make sure and start fresh...just backup your contacts...etc..of course.

If it still does have the problem after the hard reset...then I woudl say you have a bad phone or battery.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro