PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2008, 02:18 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro palm pre
Carrier: sprint

ummzitsokies is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: still wakes on new sms... help!

this would be awesome if some reg edit was found to disable the screen
Old 12-08-2008, 09:44 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

blazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blazinazn

This has to be possible?! Every time I get an email, the screen stays off but the phone vibrates and I hear the sound alert.

Why isn't this possible when getting a text message?!!?! I hate carrying this thing in my pocket when I get a text message!
Old 12-08-2008, 10:19 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: P100EWW

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazinazn View Post
This has to be possible?! Every time I get an email, the screen stays off but the phone vibrates and I hear the sound alert.

Why isn't this possible when getting a text message?!!?! I hate carrying this thing in my pocket when I get a text message!
There is no way to disable the screen on SMS. We would have found this out YEARS ago. Perhaps WM6.5 will have this feature. I doubt it, because it will still be based on WM6.

The reason your phone doesn't wake up on an email is because it is device-initiated. Your phone DECIDED to look for an email.

Even if you use exchange, most of the time my phone wakes up for the email anyways.

Come to think of it, my phone wakes up for Gmail too, every hour. It wakes up for a second, initializes the gmail connection, and then S2U2 kills the screen. By the time you hear the email notification, (a few minutes later,) the screen has already darkened.

Windows Mobile phones wake up constantly, and there's really nothing we can do about it. Major issue--I know, but hey, at least we can do most anything we want our phones, while we have juice left in our batteries
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-08-2008, 10:28 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

blazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
Come to think of it, my phone wakes up for Gmail too, every hour. It wakes up for a second, initializes the gmail connection, and then S2U2 kills the screen. By the time you hear the email notification, (a few minutes later,) the screen has already darkened.

Windows Mobile phones wake up constantly, and there's really nothing we can do about it. Major issue--I know, but hey, at least we can do most anything we want our phones, while we have juice left in our batteries
I know for a fact my screen doesn't wake when receiving gmail because I have tested it. I let the phone poll for email and got the sound alert and the LED notification but the screen NEVER comes on.

I even set it to show the notifcation under Start > Settings >Sounds & Notifications.

So annoying but I guess I'll learn to deal with it. I saw someone else say they manually locked the device to prevent button presses while it's in your pocket but the screen still comes on. I guess that is one workaround.
Old 12-08-2008, 11:10 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

dai_shan is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
There is no way to disable the screen on SMS. We would have found this out YEARS ago. Perhaps WM6.5 will have this feature. I doubt it, because it will still be based on WM6.
Me thinks this must be a CDMA issue though. My brother-in-law has the Fuze, and doesn't have the screen disable problem. The ironical thing is, he doesn't like it, wants it to wake up on SMS. While I've been trying for over a month to get that screen to stay off.

So WM6.1 has the ability, for some reason CDMA, or least Sprints version, doesn't.
Old 12-08-2008, 11:21 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by dai_shan View Post
Me thinks this must be a CDMA issue though. My brother-in-law has the Fuze, and doesn't have the screen disable problem. The ironical thing is, he doesn't like it, wants it to wake up on SMS. While I've been trying for over a month to get that screen to stay off.

So WM6.1 has the ability, for some reason CDMA, or least Sprints version, doesn't.
Hmm, that is interesting. There is a hack to modify this but it only works for GSM phones. Have your brother-in-law check this hack out:

HKLM\Drivers\BuiltIn\RIL : DisableSMSWakeUpEvent <-- set to "1" by default. Change value to "0"
Old 12-08-2008, 11:29 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

dai_shan is becoming a great contributor

Yea, actually he did mod his to turn on. I should have stated that.
Now that I think about it, it's not really ironic (unless of course, I apply Allanis Morriset's (sp?) definition), a more just funny.
Old 12-08-2008, 06:12 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

It probably is a CDMA thing. It must be the way the phone system handles notifications.
Old 12-10-2008, 02:54 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: sprint touch pro
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

highcee is a n00b

Quote:
is wm6.5 coming out anytime soon....????? hopefully they fix this problem especially since they've known for years.... but in the meantime touchlockpro 1.8 works like a charm... no clunky gui.... really clean....

Last edited by highcee; 12-10-2008 at 03:23 AM.
Old 10-25-2009, 09:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II (WM6.5, MR2), Nokia 2630, Nokia 1661
Carrier: Verizon, Vodafone, T-Mobile

constitutionalist is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by highcee View Post
is wm6.5 coming out anytime soon....????? hopefully they fix this problem especially since they've known for years.... but in the meantime touchlockpro 1.8 works like a charm... no clunky gui.... really clean....
This doesn't seem to be a WM 6.1 issue. My father has 6.1 on the vzw xv6900 sans this issue. It's almost definitely an HTC issue.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro